Thread: How do I know when to enable the Web Stream Dumper within Media Catcher settings

Default How do I know when to enable the Web Stream Dumper within Media Catcher settings

I watched a few videos on how to use Replay Media Capture. For some web sites, they unchecked HTTP and checked web stream dumper. How do you know if you need to do that for a website?

I tried to capture a streaming video. It added it to RMC, but I noticed that the size wasn't changing. Wasn't sure if that mean it wasn't recording or if I just needed to wait. After a while, I realized that the green check meant that it was finished. So it looks like the url was added, but it was finished as soon as it was added. What would cause that?

Thanks.

Default Re: Web Stream Dumper

Did you play the file back? Is it complete? Media Catcher often captures faster than real time.

I tried again today. I recorded a file but it won't play back. It doesn't try to open in the Applian flash player. It tries to open in WMP. I tried to convert it, but when I do that and try to play the file in WMP, I get a message that says that the file contains no video or audio streams. I think that's what it say. It was red text written on a black screen. Does that mean it's one of those streams that Catcher can no longer catch?

I recorded the file I wanted with RV Capture.

what site are you trying to record from?