Thread: Capturing a streaming video...

Default Capturing a streaming video...

I tried to capture a steaming video that was playing on my pc. It showed that it was capturing, but after it was finished, I tried to play it but it said there was no Last job. So what did I do wrong? I'm positive I clicked save when it was complete. There was a txt file in the folder where it saves.

I'm sure it's something I did wrong. It was my first time using the program.

Default Re: Capturing a streaming video...

When you want to record something that is not in the Media Guide use the URL Finder under Tools.

First, always make sure that you start the URL Finder prior to browsing to the media that you want detected. Also, be sure that you've selected your network adapter at the bottom of the URL Finder window.

Also, sometimes YouTube and Google videos are cached if you've already played them once. This can prevent the URL Finder from seeing them. If you've already played the video once, re-start the browser or clear its cache before opening the stream capture/URL Finder.

If you didn't do this you could have had the wrong URL for what you were trying to capture.