View Poll Results: Do you need RTMP support in Replay AV and scheduling support in Replay Media Catcher

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • RTMP support in Replay AV only

17 62.96%
  • scheduling support in Replay Media Catcher

1 3.70%
  • Both RTMP and scheduling in Replay Media Catcher and Replay AV

9 33.33%
  • None of the above

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RTMP support in Replay AV and/or scheduling support in Replay Media Catcher

Default RTMP support in Replay AV and/or scheduling support in Replay Media Catcher

Do you need RTMP support in Replay AV and/or scheduling support in Replay Media Catcher? I think I need both , but the most important thing is to add RTMP support to Replay AV because more and more content providers switch to it.

Default Re: RTMP support in Replay AV and/or scheduling support in Replay Media Catcher

The point of Replay A/V is scheduling. The point of Replay Media Catcher is to catch or capture streams as you watch them.

Making Media Catcher schedule would go against everything it stands for as well as clone Replay A/V.

So, I voted to add RTMP support to Replay A/V since a lot of streams are moving to that format.

Default Re: RTMP support in Replay AV and/or scheduling support in Replay Media Catcher

Andy what are the plans to fix Replay AV?

It has been excellent at recording BBC programmes and it is the reason that I bought it - currently the page http://www.applian.com/replay-av/rec...e=bbc.co.uk%2F cannot be achieved with the current version (I am running 8.53).

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by PhilMid View Post
    Andy what are the plans to fix Replay AV?

It has been excellent at recording BBC programmes and it is the reason that I bought it - currently the page http://www.applian.com/replay-av/rec...e=bbc.co.uk%2F cannot be achieved with the current version (I am running 8.53).

Phil
    May I add my voice to that request. Capturing BBC programmes is THE reason I use Replay AV. Please make that possible again!

Yet another user for recording BBC. The sole usage I have is for BBC 7 and BBC 4. I use it daily for this purpose.

Someone mentioned Media Catcher instead. It does record BBC 7 but for some reason does not have a suffix to the name of the file it downloads and on ending the download or being stopped and saved it deletes itself. If I stop it rather than stop and save and put a media suffix after the name it plays with no problems.

I would prefer Replay to get RTMP support but if only Media Catcher were given it would use that instead.

PLEASE RTMP for something fast!!

JohnB

I am in the same situation as well. I use Replay AV solely for getting BBC Radio programmes. Now I can't.

Please could you add the support for RTMP to Replay AV so I can go back to getting this great content again.

Many thanks
    MichaelR

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    Yet another user for recording BBC. The sole usage I have is for BBC 7 and BBC 4. I use it daily for this purpose.

Someone mentioned Media Catcher instead. It does record BBC 7 but for some reason does not have a suffix to the name of the file it downloads and on ending the download or being stopped and saved it deletes itself. If I stop it rather than stop and save and put a media suffix after the name it plays with no problems.

I would prefer Replay to get RTMP support but if only Media Catcher were given it would use that instead.

PLEASE RTMP for something fast!!

JohnB
    Make sure that you are using the latest version of Media Catcher - 3.11

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    Some BBC streams are available in the Windows Media format which Replay AV supports:
    BBC: Windows Media links

i would want both of them too.

I have been recording about 10 hrs of streamed programmes a week to transfer to portable player and CD. The alternative methods of recording are very tedious and frustrating. Please add RTMP support to Replay AV.
    Bill