Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replay AV and iTunes 9 opening conflict

Default Replay AV and iTunes 9 opening conflict

I have just upgraded to iTunes 9 on Windows XP professional. When I start the application it doesn't display (but appears in my application task manager list). When I close Replay AV and then do the same thing it appears. Could there be a conflict? I am running Replay AV 8.52C + iTunes 9.0.0.70 + Quick time player 7.6.4 (if it is relevant). I have admin rights on the PC in question. Thanks, Mark

Default Re: iTunes 9 open

so you mean itunes 9 and replay AV can not go together ? or itunes 9 will not open properly when Replay AV is running?

I am using itunes 9 and AV and haven't had an issue at all with both of them working together or with files transferring to iTunes from AV. I have tested it several times and I'm able to open both of them without an issue at the same time and use both.

I have Replay AV to autoload at start-up. IF I then try to open iTunes it doesn't display the interface but I can see it running in the Windows task manager. If I then CLOSE Replay AV and try iTunes again iTunes displays the interface. This must be environmental because I have tried generating a new Windows profle (without Replay AV loaded) and iTunes starts first time which would suggest some sort of conflict?

Default Re: Replay AV and iTunes 9 opening conflict

I have exactly the same problem with Replay AV. I have used MSCONFIG and narrowed it down to Replay AV. I have it so it starts up automatically also. This is a conflict somewhere. Applian needs to provide an update - please

I also just checked the situation where I stopped Replay AV (8.52C) at startup under MSconfig but then once the PC (WIN XP) was booted I started iTunes 9. I then was able to start Replay AV and use iTunes - But, when I then closed iTunes and attempted to restart iTunes with Replay AV going I was unable (albeit it showed up in processes).

I didn't have any of these problems with iTunes 8 btw.

Please update to the latest version of Replay AV 8.53. I don't know if it will correct the issue for you but with it installed on my systems I'm not able to duplicate your problem.

I upgraded and it works!
    Not sure what the difference is but I am a happy camper.

Great. Thanks for letting me know. It could have been just a manner of reinstalling the program.

I am having exactly the same problem discussed above: with Replay A/V running, iTunes 9 will not open properly (shows in task manager but not otherwise visible). If I close Replay A/V, I can open iTunes OK. I can then open Replay A/V and iTunes is still good. But I cannot open iTunes 9 while Replay A/V is active. I downloaded the latest version (Replay 8.60) and I still have the problem.