Thread: Do web radio stream MP3 recordings require conversion to be used on my MP3 player?

Default Do web radio stream MP3 recordings require conversion to be used on my MP3 player?

I recorded from web radio and I noticed that the resultant file after saving has an mp3 extension, does this require converting for use in an mp3player?

Can another convertor be used because the applian one is v slow?

Great software other than that.

Default Re: Do web radio stream MP3 recordings require conversion to be used on my MP3 player?

Quote Originally Posted by Mliiw View Post
    I recorded from web radio and I noticed that the resultant file after saving has an mp3 extension, does this require converting for use in an mp3player?
    Usually you don't need to convert MP3 files recorded fom web radio stations to use on an mp3 player. It really depends on what kind of MP3 files your MP3 player supports. See the specs of your MP3 player for more.

Default Re: Do web radio stream MP3 recordings require conversion to be used on my MP3 player?

Oh thanks, It took me a while to realise that might be the case.

My old mp3 wouldn't play them whereas my latest one will, this confused me.

how do the Replayav mp3's recorded from a radio stream differ from a lame converted mp3?

It depends on the station. When you use stream capture it is recording from the native source in the native format at the native quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mliiw View Post
    My old mp3 wouldn't play them whereas my latest one will, this confused me.

how do the Replay AV mp3's recorded from a radio stream differ from a lame converted mp3?
    When Replay AV downloads MP3 streams from radio stations or records from your sound card to MP3 format, it produces an MP3 file. When you download MP3, there is a chance that it was encoded with lame MP3 codec. But even if it was encoded with fraunhofer or any other compatible codec, it is still MP3.

The problem is that older MP3 players put more restrictions on the MP3 files they can play. For example, they may not support too high a bit-rate (like 256kbps and higher), or too low a bit-rate (like 32kbps), or variable bit-rate (VBR), or the 22050 Hz frequency.

Take a look on the specs of your downloaded MP3 files and see whether they are supported by your MP3 player. If they are not, just convert them to the compatible format.

Thanks for explaining.