Thread: Replay AV converts real stream to a silent mp3 file

Default Replay AV converts real stream to a silent mp3 file

Hi

I have recently upgraded from Replay AV 7 to Replay AV 8

I have version 8.53 which is fully licenced with a new licence string bought today.

If I record a real player stream from the BBC, something I did often in Replay AV7, the following happens. (This is a stream capture from a known good URL)

It download the .rm file fine and I can listen in Real Player

If I get Replay AV to automatically convert the file to a 128kb/s mp3 at the end of the capture, I get an mp3 file which has all the right properties (i.e length, bit rate, size etc) but is totally silent. For testing purposes I have ticked the 'Keep Copy of Original File after converting'

So if the real audio clip was 30 minutes, I'd get a 30 minute silent mp3 file.

If I convert to m4a or m4b - again I get a totally silent file - but iTunes (9) tells me I have the right length

If I right click the show in the Replay AV application and select the Convert/Transfer option - and then convert the .rm to mp3 - again a silent file.

BUT if I open Replay Converter and convert the .rm file to .mp3 or .m4a or .m4b it works fine.

I have uninstalled Replay AV 7. I assume this has uninstalled the AV7 convert utility. I cannot find it anywhere in my Start Menu or Add/Remove Programmes list.

I have uninstalled and re-installed AV8. And I have rebooted the machine to make sure any codecs are in place.

In any case it's clear the converter works as a standalone, it the AV App that is struggling.

All the best

David

Default Re: Replay AV converts real stream to a silent mp3 file

Please see if using Real Alternative instead of Real Player works for you. We have found that some systems prefer this.

Many thanks. I uninstalled Real Player, rebooted. Installed Real Alternative and it worked fine.

David

mine is doing fine. but i gotta try real alternative some time.