Thread: UNable to download from BBC iplayer with Replay Media Catcher

Default UNable to download from BBC iplayer with Replay Media Catcher

Hi, have been happily using RMC for capturing programmes from the BBC radio sites (mostly old plays etc from Radio 7) but for the last 3 days they won't download - the BBC site just goes into 'connecting' mode and stays there. But strangely if I go to the site outside of RMC there's no problem - so have they have very recently implemented something to block connections through RMC?

I have used IE8 for months so I don't think that is the problem, but whatever is blocking RMC it is very frustrating - any chance of checking this out and fixing it?

regards

Default Re: New iPlayer Issue

does this also occur with other browsers like firefox and safari?

Quote Originally Posted by Whizz View Post
    Hi, have been happily using RMC for capturing programmes from the BBC radio sites (mostly old plays etc from Radio 7) but for the last 3 days they won't download - the BBC site just goes into 'connecting' mode and stays there. But strangely if I go to the site outside of RMC there's no problem - so have they have very recently implemented something to block connections through RMC?

I have used IE8 for months so I don't think that is the problem, but whatever is blocking RMC it is very frustrating - any chance of checking this out and fixing it?
    I tried to download some streams from the Listen Again section of Radio 7 and had no any problem with RTMP .flv stream. For example, I downloaded an .FLV file from the following page
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b007jmql

Something has definately changed.

I've tried two different computers (both winXP) and two different browsers (Chrome and Firefox) - all previously working.

Now RMC doesn't see anything when an iPlayer radio stream is played.

e.g.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ck_18_09_2009/

Doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bdecided View Post
    Something has definately changed.

I've tried two different computers (both winXP) and two different browsers (Chrome and Firefox) - all previously working.

Now RMC doesn't see anything when an iPlayer radio stream is played.

e.g.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ck_18_09_2009/

Doesn't work!
    Although I got the following error after stopping to download the RTMP .flv stream:
    Code:
    Sorry, could only download a partial RTMP stream
    Media was saved anyway:
    c:\recordings\RBN2_radio_4_fm_-_friday_1330_b00mlwsf_2009_09_18_13_46_14_1A04C1B7.flv
    Exception:
    m_nErrType = 10
    m_strDesc = "WM_QUIT posted to thread queue"
    m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
    m_nLineNumber = 369
    I don't have any problems playing the recording.

Thanks for trying.

So now it works for me too! (Perfectly - didn't see the problem you saw).

You'll probably put this down to my incompetence, but I've been using this without a problem for months. The worst that's happened is that on one PC, inexplicably and very intermittently, RMC couldn't add the .flv extension to the filename (!!!) - but other than that it's been perfect for months.

I think something is up. I bet they're trialing something - some other method of starting the streams which RMC doesn't yet recognise.

If it's intentional, I bet they're reading these very forums to see the reaction.

If it's accidental (e.g. the mechanism change is related to something else, e.g. choice of CDN), then it's going to keep happening at random, which will be a real pain.

Cheers,
    David.

So, after clearing up for a couple of weeks it's back again - just the "connecting" mode again. I suspect your right about the trialling issue (and monitoring this thread too), frustrating - but what the heck.

Ah well, just have to hope things settle down soon. Anyway, downloading the upgrade to 3.11 and see what happens then.

D