Thread: Recording audio from a DVD

Default Recording audio from a DVD

All I want to do is record some of a few of my Pandora radio stations and record the audio track from a DVD I have that reads the Bible, but every time I try to record something, All it records is what ever sound goes into the microphone. How do I get it to ignore the microphone and record what I'm listening to on Pandora radio or a DVD? What settings do I choose? Why would it record my microphone? It seems the only choices are line and microphone, and if I select line, it still records by microphone. I only bought this thing to record some Internet radio and play it on my iPod, but I just can't seem to get it to work. Somebody please help :-(

Thank you,
    Cindy

Default Re: Recording audio from a DVD

What program are you using?

Default Re: Recording audio from a DVD

I'm using VLC for the DVD. It's a regular DVD from Netflix, but the video is just a picture of the Bible pages with chapters of the New Testament. It does have a nice audio though of a guy reading the scriptures. I'd like to capture each chapter into an MP3. I typically use Mozilla Firefox to listen to my Pandora stations. I'd like to record a few 20 to 30 minute MP3s of my favorite stations for my iPod.

Thanks so much for your help. I can't figure this thing out for anything. God bless.