Thread: Record and listen?

Default Record and listen?

I'm currently using Stream_on to keep listening to Sirius. However, the channel sometime skips or cuts out in the afternoon.
    Q1 - Will the recording record those skips or will it be continuous?
    Q2 - If it's server bog on Sirius, any reason why I can't just record 8 hours of music during the night and replay it during the day?
    Q3 - Can I record and listen at the same time?

With Sirius if you use stream capture it won't have the issue you are having. If you wish to record for 8 hours you can with stream capture.

So even if the channel sometime skips or cuts out in the afternoon I won't have any problems stream capturing, right Cheryl?

And what about Q3 (recording and listening at the same time)? It would really be nice to be able to watch/listen to the streams that Replay AV captures. Should it be posted to the feature request section?

Is it typical for Sirius to cut out in the afternoon? I'm planning on upgrading my DSL to Cable because I figured it was on my end.

Is it possible to buffer it?

Each station is different so if you are using a station that is popular I believe that could happen especially during high peak hours. With XM you are able to listen and stream at the same time. With Sirius it seems to be station dependent. I'm finding that some stations will work with this while others won't. Also, if you are both recording and listening at the same time it is using two logins.

I haven't used ReplayAV to record Sirius/XM, but I do know that the radios often go into an "update" mode that disrupts service.
    There are a lot of links in the chain between their studios and your speakers, so a lot of places where things can happen!

i would agree with thetalk. it does sometimes have to do with the "update" mode they go through.