Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Freecorder Toolbar not working with Windows Vista

Question Vista 64 bit, Freecorder inexcessible.

Vista home premium 64 bit. I.E 7 Freecorder is grayed out in View, Toolbars.
    Works fine in Firefox 3. Must be I.E issue. (account control is disabled)

Unhappy Re: Sorted

I have a new HP laptop with Vista on it. After going through all the steps mentioned of going to the systems Sounds functions, I find that no other sound input devices are listed. I visited the Vista forum within these discussion forums and haven't found an answer so far.

I now get the idea that certain hardware issues (I have Conexant High Definition Smartaudio 221) will have a demolishing effect on my ability to use this software. Is this true?

So if I only have a microphone input device listed in my recording devices, am I just plain out of luck?

Unhappy No recording devices other than mic

Posted by: debrogney
    On: 04-06-2009 12:45 AM

Did you 'right click' to show disabled devices? My laptop is an HP too, so should work!
    When you see 'microphone' as the only listed device, right click on the white area immediately below and you should see a pop up which says
    'show disabled devices' and 'show disconnected devices' tick both of these options and follow my previous instructions.

All the best,
    Applian User Forums

I tried this and it doesn't work. Nothing else shows up. Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by JimRob View Post
    I was having the same problem and here's how I corrected it. I don't know why this works, but it does for me. There's a music player at the far right of the toolbar. If I start it playing, wait about 30 seconds, and then click Record, my recorder starts working. Thin I stop the music player. From then on, I can record anything that comes over the speakers. Try this and see if it works for you.
    this worked for me

Unhappy Unable to install Ask & Record Toolbar on Vista

I am unable to install the Freecorder/Ask & Record Toolbar on my HP Laptop running on Vista, even with UAC turned off. When running the installation file I get the error message:
    Unable to Complete Installation
    We've detected that you have a browser or operating system that is not supported by the Toolbar

I am using Vista Home Premium SP2, Firefox 3.0.11, and IE 8.

Any suggestions?