Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freecorder Toolbar not working with Windows Vista

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Freecorder Toolbar not working with Windows Vista

The toolbar has no functionality with Windows Vista OTHER than recording my microphone, which is not what I use it for. I'm trying to record audio from YouTube videos so that I can play the songs without the video. This worked previously in Freecorder Toolbar 2.3 but no longer does.

Please do NOT suggest the following products to me:

Replay A/V
    Replay Converter
    Replay Media Catcher
    Replay Music
    WM Recorder

I have tried all of them and none of them have any functionality with Windows Vista whatsoever.

Any support you can provide for Freecorder Toolbar is appreciated.

Thank you.

I believe ALL of those products are compatible with Vista. If you are using IE you will need to turn off User Account Control:

Open Control Panel
    Go to User Accounts
    Click on Turn User Account Control on or off
    Click continue to verify.
    De-Select the Use User Account Control (UAC)...
    Click OK
    Re-start your computer

You will also need to be logged in as administrator.

Make sure you have Record from Freecorder Audio Driver checked in the settings.

Some people are uncomfortable turning off UAC, for these people I would suggest downloading Firefox and using that as their browser as turning off UAC isn't necessary with Firefox.
    Let me know if you still have problems!!

Default Freecorder with vista not working

I installed Freecorder (have used it many times with win 2000) on new computer running vista home edition. I followed the instructions to turn off the user whatever (reluctantly) and restarted.

(I dont know how you say it works with Vista if you have to disable an important feature of Vista to make it work ?? I do NOT want firefox.)

That did not help so I uninstalled and reinstalled freecorder and still get the same results. What I get is a Box with message - since this is your first time using freecorder, go to the next page (or something like that). I click ok and the program stops and windows message comes up telling me it closed.

Default maybe found answer to VISTA not working

http://www.applian.com/support-vista.php#sc

right click on volume control icon and follow directions on this site

Freecorder is not working for me as well. I'm running Vista, all my drivers are updated, user account control is turned off. Is it working for anybody in Vista?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaims View Post
    Freecorder is not working for me as well. I'm running Vista, all my drivers are updated, user account control is turned off. Is it working for anybody in Vista?
    I have VIsta, and it works without issue for me. What is happening when you try to record?

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Recording in Vista

I was having trouble getting Freecorder Toolbar to record on some web sites (I'm using Vista Home Premium). Some sites no problem, others I just had flatline when trying to record. I was having trouble trying to record a friend's podcast site so I submitted a support ticket a few weeks ago and Tasha responded with this suggestion.

Click on record in the toolbar and close out your browser (Freecorder will remain open). Now reopen your browser, go to the site and play the episode you want to record.

This worked for me on the site in question. Then today I saw bamabluesman's post below with the link. I followed the instructions in the section "How to enable an audio recording line in Windows Vista". When I did this, it solved the problem on my first web site issue - I no longer had to use Tasha's suggestion - the recording worked fine.

There was another site that I couldn't get to record and neither of these methods allowed me to get a recording - always flat line. Then I found that if I went to the Settings and selected "Record From Windows Input Device" and "Stereo Mix" in the Devices list, I was getting a recording although on playback it was so faint it was almost undetectable. A little experimentation found that if I cranked the Amplify slider almost fully to the right, the recording worked fine and I had good playback volume.

So I think it is now working for me although my suggestion is to play around with various recording settings - if one doesn't work, another might. Not exactly a simple click and record but we didn't exactly pay anything for this program either did we?

Rod Corkum

Hi Rod,

With a lot of systems if you check "Record From Windows Input Device" you are only able to record form the mic. You are one of the lucky ones! I will include that as an option in the future though, along with the advice I gave you. Thank you for your feedback on the issue!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Default Freecorder Toolbar on laptop PC

Just bought a new laptop so have been trying to record streaming audio from BBC Radio 4 after installing Freeeecorder toolbar however I can only record from microphone. Is there a way of recording stream audio please?

Hey everybody, it's VERY important for VISTA users to disable the UAC In vista. If you have not yet done so, please do so now:

Open Control Panel
    Go to User Accounts
    Click on Turn User Account Control on or off
    Click continue to verify.
    De-Select the Use User Account Control (UAC)...
    Click OK
    Re-start your computer

Other than that, please let us know if you have any further issues. It's getting hard to track multiple issues on the same thread, hence my posting that. :-)

Thanks for your understanding,
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support