Thread: Replay turner does not work

Question Replay turner does not work

I am using Vista 64 bit operating system. The sound card is built into the motherboard--and run by SoundMax. I am using a wireless network that is on a fiber optic feed.

I have disabled the User Control function in the control panel.

When I use Replay, I set the wizard up to record something on the timer so to get six hour increments. I number these so I do not get lost as to which ones I have listened to already.

So, I set the URL manually and set the time and set the MP3 at 28bits and have it converted to 128bits.

The problem is that replay tuner opens up and says it is ready to record but nothing is recorded.

However, if I have the radio station open in Media Player already playing, then it will record. But, only once.

The other strange thing is that I must open Replay first and then Medial player for Replay to record. If Medial player is opened first, Replay will not record what is being played.

URL trying to record: 208.43.60.73

I have tried to capture this URL by streaming with no luck. Replay will not capture a stream from this URL. I have not tried other stations or media such as XM, so I do not know if it is only this URL or the whole program.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

There are some files that we are not able to stream capture due to the why the link is streaming. If you have a good link then it should work. Use the URL finder under Tools to verify that you are using the correct link for this. Open of AV and select Tools-URL Finder. Then go to what you want to capture. Go back to see if you have a good URL. If you do then stream capture should work for you.

To use audio capture open up AV. Now, go to what you want to caputre. When it starts go back to AV and select Record-Record Audio from speakers. You are also able to schedule a recording with audio by using the same Replay Av Audio Driver. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, Cheryl; however, I have tried to use the URL finder. When I open the URL finder, there is nothing there. When I click on the "Add the selection as a new show" it takes me back to where I manually put in the URL, which I have been doing to record this radio station.

If you are not able to get a good URL then, open up AV. Now, go to what you want to capture. When it starts to record go back to AV and select Record-Record Audio from Speakers. If this isn't working please contact tech support as a log file and other info will be needed.

Thanks Cheryl,

I am able to record using AV, I just can not get it to tune automatically on a timer. I just want to be able to set the timer so I can record in six (6) hour increments.

Other than Replay Tuner not tuning to or having the ability to tune to my URL--208.43.60.73--AV works good.

I read that I can get AV to split the tracks or segments. I have started this process; however, I set the minutes to 360 for six hours, instead I got 3 hours or 180 minutes segments. I would like six hour segments but I will keep working at it.

Any idea about capturing a stream from this URL or getting Replay Tuner to work?

At this point you need to contact tech support as a log file and additional information will be needed. Also, the link to what you are trying to capture-the main link.

Thumbs up Follow up.....

Thanks for your attention to this matter, Cheryl.

I wanted to give a follow up on what I have been able to learn on my own. I have been putting the IP address in the URL section. I did some more reasearch on the IP address and learned that I was missing the last four numbers. I went to the web address of the station I want to record and put that address in the URL. The Replay turner worked perfectly.

I tried to capture using stream but it still would not capture a stream.

Looking at the web page of the radio station, they use AAC stream which is supported by WinAmp or Windows Media Player.

I am going to try and type in the IP address (all of it this time ) and see if capturing by stream will not work.

it seems that you've done what you needed to do already and yet to no success. certain errors like this one are really unavoidable. and yes, at this certain point, you really do need to contact support.

Talking Cheryl and Applian staff

Thanks for all of you help!

I am now able to down load from steaming audio!

As I stated in my follow up, I went to the site that I wanted to record. I read their instructions and got the URL from the site. They even gave the IP address!

Once I put the whole IP address--208.43.60.73:9020--in the address line it worked perfectly. The scheduler worked and it started recording.

Also, I was able to split the tracks up today recording from the audio in six (6) hour increments. Then I just renamed the files with my numbering system. I know it will work as well capturing the stream!

Now I am curious as to why when I do a URL search, I get "No network activity was detected..." and a hint screen pops up imeadiatly after that . I think there is a thread along those lines but maybe you could help me out really quick.

I am really happy with the product now.

There are so many variables when dealing with these things that it just takes a bit of work to get them to do what you want them to do!

Great job

Thanks

If you are using Vista you might need to turn off the UAC. You do that in the control panel under user accounts. If you are not what are you using for your Internet. If you are using something such as a PC card to connect our program will not find the network adapter.