Thread: What is YOUR most successful setting for silence between tracks?

Default What is YOUR most successful setting for silence between tracks?

By default RM sets the “silence between tracks to 300 milliseconds, as there are a thousand milliseconds in one second, this equates to just under one third of a second.

I have found that any tracks with a significant pause in them, causes RM to split the track into two. I know how to join them, but it also means having to correct the track numbers. But deleting the Spotify adverts means I have to do that anyway.

So I have been experimenting by changing the setting to 1000 and 1500, which has proven to be quite successful. If you go too high, you run the risk of not getting a split at all, if the gap between tracks is not that long.

I would be interested to know which number has proved the most successful for you?

Each system works differently. What works with one computer doesn't necessarily work with another. Do make sure you are using the latest version of the program also. Personally, I use the default settings and have not had a problem at all with the splitting.

Default Re: What is YOUR most successful setting for silence between tracks?

Why are you having to delete the Spotify commercials? You can set your RM to ignore tracks under a certain time and therfore they are not recorded. I look at the track listing of my songs on Spotify to make sure that there are no tracks under say 60 seconds and set my my RM to ignore tracks under 60 seconds, this will definately miss out the adverts for you automatically.

Smile Re: What is YOUR most successful setting for silence between tracks?

If I'm recording using Rhapsody, I use the silence file that comes with RM and set my silence settings to 4000 milliseconds to make sure I get a clean copy. This is especially helpful if you are recording comedy b/c the tracks are usually seamless.