Thread: Two suggestions for future product releases

Default Two suggestions for future product releases

To the Applian Product Management Team:

I use the heck out of your Media Catcher Product but there are two areas I believe that the Product Suite could benefit from some additional features.

First, your tagging capabilities, especially for classical music, are abysmal. Even the discology for some of the early Grateful Dead and the Jerry Garcia Band tracks have been just plain wrong. Dump whoever or whatever you are using and work a relationship agreement with the MusicBrainz folks. Their capabilities are awesome.

Second, for your Converter Products… please update/upgrade the CODECS that are available or at least allow me to access the CODECS that I already have installed on my system. I have to use other conversion products in order to get access to my Franhoffer Radium and DivX CODECS. At the very least, a high bit rate LAME CODEC should be provided. Perhaps you could offer an added cost customer option for upgraded CODECS?

I think accessing other codecs on our system is a great idea. Like you I have a Fraunhofer that I like using for archival materials, and it would be great to use this codec on external (line-in) sourced recordings.

You are able to use the directshow codecs on your system as they were installed with the converter. When the file is loaded into your system right mouse click the file and select Troubleshoot. Then do the conversion again.

Default Re: Two suggestions for future product releases

I followed the steps you've described but I don't see any codecs other than the ones installed by the converter. Should I be able to see other codecs on my system at some point ? And if I should/can, how would I find them in the converter codecs window ?

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Hi Gord-S

The DirectShow codecs that are installed on your system that Cheryl points out for Replay Converter only apply to decoders. I assume you want to use the DirectShow encoders that are installed on your system. At this point, Replay Converter does not have that capability but it is a good idea. I will put this on our Replay Converter list for future enhancements.

Thanks again for the suggestion.
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.

Yes thanks Mike that's the thought I had. Thanks for putting onto the "wish list".