Thread: Replay A/V Breaks Orb Live TV

Default Replay A/V Breaks Orb Live TV

At first I thought the problem was Replay Video Capture (see this thread
    https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=2417 )

I've now confirmed that Replay A/V and Replay Converter 3 cause Orb to no longer stream live TV.

Once I remove these two programs Orb works perfectly. I don't even have to Uninstall/reinstall Orb.

The second A/V and converter programs are installed again, Orb can't stream.

FYI - This may do similar things for Media Center (MCE)

Note: Replay Video Capture was already uninstalled. I don't know what would happen if it was installed.

Default Re: Replay A/V Breaks Orb Live TV

Quote Originally Posted by BostonDriver View Post
    At first I thought the problem was Replay Video Capture (see this thread
    https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=2417 )

I've now confirmed that Replay A/V and Replay Converter 3 cause Orb to no longer stream live TV.

Once I remove these two programs Orb works perfectly. I don't even have to Uninstall/reinstall Orb.

The second A/V and converter programs are installed again, Orb can't stream.

FYI - This may do similar things for Media Center (MCE)

Note: Replay Video Capture was already uninstalled. I don't know what would happen if it was installed.

Anybody know if this works now? There have been updates to products. I really would like both to play well together.

It seems like not so many people use these products together. Have you tried the updates?

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    It seems like not so many people use these products together. Have you tried the updates?

Yes, I tried the most recent (as of the date of this post) versions of your product. I think I have the most recent Orb (it is supposed to auto update itself.)

The good news is that it works now!

I don't know if it was your recent AV8 (and Replay Converter) or an update over the last year or so to Orb. I would have tried earlier, but I only needed AV8 just recently.

The bad news is that Dr DivX now no longer works. It complains about the DivX codec... this could only have come from Replay Converter (or AV8) as I just used Dr DivX the day before to convert a ton of mpeg-2 (captured from VHS) of a friends late husband...

Quote Originally Posted by BostonDriver View Post
    The bad news is that Dr DivX now no longer works. It complains about the DivX codec... this could only have come from Replay Converter (or AV8) as I just used Dr DivX the day before to convert a ton of mpeg-2 (captured from VHS) of a friends late husband...
    You may need to re-install Dr DivX or DivX codec.

p.s.
    I have the Replay Capture Suite. I used to convert lots of MPEG-2 videos to x.264 and XVid using freeware StaxRip. This combination worked fine for me. But there are many programs that can mess up with system codecs, so I used to re-install K-Lite Mega Codec pack from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    You may need to re-install Dr DivX or DivX codec.

p.s.
    I have the Replay Capture Suite. I used to convert lots of MPEG-2 videos to x.264 and XVid using freeware StaxRip. This combination worked fine for me. But there are many programs that can mess up with system codecs, so I used to re-install K-Lite Mega Codec pack from time to time.

I'll check out StaxRip, thanks. I've been using AutoGK to create xvid.

I ONLY use Dr DivX to convert flv to other... in this case my only coice is DivX. I only happend to try Dr DivX last night becasuse the flv to mp4 conversion done by Replay Convert wasn't that good. When I fast forward the new .mp4 file, things get out of whack. I'll still play with it (in fact, was going to post a question in the convert section of this board when I noticed this post.) I can live without Dr DivX, but need something "as good". The output of Dr Divx flv to divx JUST WORKED.... start, stop, fast foward, rewind... it just worked.