Thread: XM PCR or XM Online?

Default XM PCR or XM Online?

I have XM PCR attached to my PC through a USB connection. Replay A/V finds it on Comm 4 when I run the test. Your user's guide only talks about XM PCR through line in. Will my setup work OK? If so, is there going to be any sound quality difference between recording with it vs. XM Online? I'd need to add the Online $2.99/mo subscription if I can't do it through the PCR with best quality. I've just downloaded your demo software but am puzzled by the connectivity description of line in. Thanks.

Recording from the Internet is always going to have the better sound as it is recording from the native stream at the native quality. The best thing for you to do is give the other a try and see if it works and if you are happy with it. I don't have one to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Recording from the Internet is always going to have the better sound as it is recording from the native stream at the native quality. The best thing for you to do is give the other a try and see if it works and if you are happy with it. I don't have one to test.
    I'm sorry if I'm not understanding -- are you saying the fact that my PCR device connects via USB rather than the line in referenced in your guide is a non-issue? SiriusXM says the internet stream is 128k. My PCR is the satellite transmission routed into my PC merely to utilize the screen capabilities of the PC. The speakers are attached directly to the PCR unit, as is the volume control. How is your software "grabbing" the signal" of the PCR since it isn't using the line in. That may help with understanding which has the best quality of recording. Thanks.

The best quality is always the stream itself so the best would be what is streaming off of the Internet. Regarding the other I said I didn't know if it would work as I haven't tried it and don't have the equipment to try that. For the PCR you would set it up to record using Line In for the recording so it is not using the native stream but your system.