Thread: Moving AV to new machine - copy shows?

Default Moving AV to new machine - copy shows?

I'm moving Replay AV 8 to a new machine. I have a bunch of shows entered and don't want to have to reenter all of them. Is there a way to copy/export all my shows and import them into a fresh install?
    I used the Vista transfer wizard which copied all my other settings but not Replay AV.
    I also tried to find a file in the AV directory that might be holding the show settings but failed to identify the right one.
    Any advice? If not, Replay team please add an export/import function. This happens every year or so due to head crashes etc. It's a royal pain.

In Program Files/Replay AV there is a file called schedule8.dat. That is what you want to use to copy your schedule over. Thanks.

Default Which Directory?

I tried putting the file in the ReplayAV directory in both the c:\Program Files\Replay AV 8 directory and in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Replay AV 8 directory. Neither worked (I closed Replay AV 8 before copying the file in there.) When I restarted it none of my programs were listed.
    BTW The machine I'm moving to is running 64 bit Vista. Hence the (x86) listing in the directory.

If it didn't work it could be that the file became corrupt. I have moved mine numerous tmes without an issue so I'm not sure what happened with yours. did you install the program fresh with your new system? If not give that a try and then see if it will transfer for you.