Hi,

Over the past 2 weeks I have had to re-install Windows XP (and 200+ updates) twice after installing and using the Freecorder Toolbar

When I restarted my PC after a shutdown I kept getting a black screen with the following error displayed:

Error: Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll

I'm no techie but I'm pretty sure the above error appears when a Registry Entry or Boot.ini file has been deleted.

To test whether Freecorder was to blame for the above error I decided to install it again after doing my "24 hour" Windows XP re-installation and guess what......IT DID HAPPEN AGAIN

I have now re-installed my Window XP for the second time and have been using it "error free" due to NOT re-installing the Freecorder Toolbar. The above test clearly shows that there is serious fault within the Freecorder Toolbar that needs to be sorted sharpish! As I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 on my PC perhaps it may be a compatibilty problem with that Whatever it is I hope the Freecorder team get it sorted soon.

PS..

It's a good job I backup all my files to CD on a regular basis, otherwise I could have lost everything due to the Freecorder Toolbar. Other users may NOT be so lucky!