Thread: Tried to record online video - no good

Exclamation Tried to record online video - no good

Hi,

I have the version 8.42.
    I have used this neat program very much and have always managed to get good result out from it.
    Until yesterday.
    I tried to download video from this site

Nothing...

So - I checked if there was an updated version, and found version 8.58 on Applian website.

So I installed it.
    Now, what I did not know was that my license was not valid for this version.
    That info came AFTER I have installed it. Well...

Anyhow, this online video did not record in 8.58 demo mode.

So, my question to you is: Why does it not work?

You have the link, you can check for yourself and view what is happening, the URL screen is flooded, and the log says like... "huh?"

I would be very grateful and would really upgrade if you could solve this issue.

Best regards,
    Lars Ahlstrom
    Last edited by Lars A; 06-15-2009 at 08:11 PM.

The site can only be viewed in Sweden so we are not able to test it. There are a lot of different formats out. If AV does not capture the file then you might want it to, try one of our other programs to see if it works with that particular streaming format. Give Replay Media Catcher a try and if you still can't capture with a stream capture program then give Replay Video Capture a try. It is a screen capture and not a stream capture program and is what I use when AV or Media Catcher do not work.

Alright!

So... what's the difference between the package that I purchased from you Replay AV 8 (That now is upgraded but still dont capture this format) and Media Catcher?

I do know that RP 8 is just for american users, but I bought it jjust for the catching ability. I have had no use at all for anything else in it. As I am in Sweden... And now the catcher does not work anymore, so I have to buy a new catcher.... Lucky me I did not purchase the upgrade to the latest version then.

Do you think me as a customer can be more confused than this?

Now I got to have 3 of your packages in order to capture video/audio without problems...

Any reason for why?

I do rather pay more for one full app, that I can sub upgrade for bugs until version 9 comes out, and one that is complete.

Btw, are you sure you cannot see that video???
    What is happening on your side then?
    Are you sure you dont have any chinese government ideas, or homeland anxiety, or such crap?
    Last edited by Lars A; 06-17-2009 at 01:05 PM.