Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: unable to connect to server

Default unable to connect to server

Hi, I have owned at large recorder for 3 years now with no issues. Now when I try to start it I get an error that it can't connect to the internet with error "unable to connect to server".
    What causing this issuea nd how can I fix it?
    Thanks

Default Re: unable to connect to server

Hi, I have the same problem. At-large has worked fine for some years, now it gives the error: "unable to connect to the internet. You must be able to connect to the internet via https-ssl/port 443 in order to run this program". I have checked my firewall, tried disabling Mcafee, checked the router.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?
    thanks

I have just tried setting the date on my computer to a month ago, and the at-large recorder connects fine. So it looks to me as if the problem is date-related, for example Applian may have included a time-out on the original subscription, or something like that.

Wow. I tried that and it worked. Thanks a lot. I was about to pay for Jaksta. I paid 50 for at large and this should not happen.

We have not changed anything on the program at all. We have not updated it and do not plan to as there have been so many changes in technology that the program is obsolete with the newer SlingBox.

Cheryl, would it be possible to check what is date-related in the At-large subscription? It is really strange that the program worked fine until yesterday, and that if you set the computer clock back, then the program works fine again. It is not reasonable for a one-time subscription to time-out, if used with the same technology. This is not to say that I will not buy the new product, I probably will, but a contract is a contract.

thanks

This issue is affecting my At-Large Recorder also.

Cheryl - Perhaps there is a problem with the http authentication server and the current date on the client PC that the At-Large Recorder is installed on. Can you please inform us if Applian tech support is working on this issue, and provide an estimate when it might be resolved?

Thanks,

Steve

I have let the developer know about this issue but haven't heard back. Thanks.

Hi Cheryl,

any news here? We have the same problem.

Regards,
    Marc

I signed up just to thank the member who suggested changing the date, I never would have thought of trying that! I've had trouble with At Large doing this for the last several months but would return after a few days and work for another month or so then show this error again. When I'd try to contact tech support, would never receive any response so stopped trying.