Thread: Cannot fully Uninstall/Install Vers 4

Default Cannot fully Uninstall/Install Vers 4

I cannot install due to the fact that the **!$% appliand.sys file will NOT copy, nor does
    the NDS5 Driver uninstall/install properly on my system!

This was not a problem with my earlier build that I already have installed..I'm running
    win 7 64 bit AMD. It's 2011 already, you'd think someone would ACTUALLY program
    for this OS already, rather than rely on the end-user defaulting to the Compatibility-mode
    for win X-^&*%!- P! ~>8^(

I'm also running a powerful Anti-vir/Firewall COMODO and disabled the service w/a reboot,
    closed down all apps/malware bytes, and STILL no go! It was a good prog while it lasted...

BTW: It's the full vers and I'll be ticketing this post as well.

Off topic: Just once I'd like to finish a re/Install withOUT the mandatory program
    phoning home all the bloody time!
    Last edited by TakezoDunmer2K5; 06-23-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Formating

Default Re: Cannot fully Uninstall/Install Vers 4

you should be able to UNINSTALL it ONLY IF .net framework IS ALREADY installed on your system.

install .net framework, and i guarantee you that you will be able to UNINSTALL rmc4.

Danka, But I already have it installed, but I will do an update just to make sure!

My other guess is that the sys file needs permission to write access my system 32 folder, which would be alright
    because all I have to do give permission, but I shouldn't have to in the first place if it were a legit component!
    My other guess is that it's my system's defense mechanism towards a prog it doesn't know/recognize as evidenced
    by the DRM schemes used in games that are also utilized in video programs ala' silverlight. I just need some confirmation
    from the programmers here as well as some good insights into this problem (Such as yours, it's always the most obvious that is the exact solution!)

i see .net 4 on your system but not .net 2, .net 3 and .net 3.5. If you have .net 4, it means that you are missing the components of .net 3.5, .net 3 and .net 2 because installing .net 4 is an incremental update and doesNOT include the prior components (believe me, otherwise i'd have only .net 4 on my system!!).

if my solution doesnt help (i am a Senior Member in this forum but not working for Applian.), then i am really at loss because your system could be as complex as anything. I just know that WHEN I HAD problems with uninstalling it, it was because i had uninstalled .net (some components) and didnt know that it would affect the uninstall procedure of rmc4.

After installing all .net versions, i was finally able to uninstall rmc4. No more error messages.
    Given the nature of what rmc4 does, it is no wonder that its installation is very intrusive (installs network drivers, requires .net components, installs .net components, etc.). The former version, rmc3, wasnt like that by the way.

Hopefully some Applian support technician (forum and or support ticket system) can help you otherwise.. good luck!

Yeah, I was afraid of that, (Net 2-4) but hell, that's great news as It looks like there may be a solution that I didn't even try yet! (For my other problems as well!) I'm also guessing that I have to install vers 2-3.5 eh? I sure hope not, but if need be...Thanks alot, I'll be updating you asap!