Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software Will Not Capture Anymore

Question Software Will Not Capture Anymore

I was just wondering why Replay media Catcher will not capture videos any more from this site because it used too.
    http://www.keithurban.net/?content=ku_tube
    Thanks & God Bless

Are you getting an error when you try to capture on this site?

Hello Tasha,
    No, I am not getting a error. It just never starts to capture any of the videos from that site. What it does is it acts like when you first start RMC and the program is empty of any captures. It used to capture the videos from this website though.
    Thanks & God Bless

Default not working for me either

I can no longer capture any video streams! HELP!

Default IE8 is the culprit

Hi all,

I have had the same problem with Media Catcher 3.02 since 'upgrading' my web browser from Internet Explorer 7 to IE 8 a couple of weeks ago. I cannot capture anything now, although it worked okay with IE7.

I also have Apple Safari 3.2.3 installed as an alternative browser, and Media Catcher works perfectly with it.

So... perhaps the problem is with how Media Catcher interfaces with IE8? Is there a solution in the works? Other than 'Don't use IE8'?

-=W=-

Edit: Just tested on Google Chrome and Media Catcher works fine with that browser as well. More and more, the finger is pointing directly at IE8...
    Last edited by WarFlail; 05-12-2009 at 03:20 PM.

Hi - I have had exactly same problem and have posted about it previously, but no solution has ever been suggested (that worked). I agree that it seems very much related to upgrading to IE8, which I did and that was around the time MediaCatcher ceased working. You can see my original post here:

https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=1748

Here's hoping this will eventually get sorted - maybe when enough people have upgraded to IE8 and have the same problems then a solution might be more eagerly pursued.

RaisedOnFish - still not able to use MediaCatcher.... have to use Replay Video Capture but that's not the ideal situation is it?

Quote Originally Posted by 10B2BOUMonkey View Post
    I was just wondering why Replay media Catcher will not capture videos any more from this site because it used too.
    http://www.keithurban.net/?content=ku_tube
    Thanks & God Bless
    You will need to use the Web Stream Dumper for this site. Click Tools>>Settings, uncheck Capture HTTP Streams and check Web Stream Dumper.

Talking THANK YOU

Hello Tasha,
    Thank You So Much for the help, It is now working. It times out a couple times, but works most of the time. Thanks Again for all the Help, I really appreciate it.

Thanks & God Bless

You're very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedOnFish View Post
    Hi - I have had exactly same problem and have posted about it previously, but no solution has ever been suggested (that worked). I agree that it seems very much related to upgrading to IE8, which I did and that was around the time MediaCatcher ceased working. You can see my original post here:

https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=1748

Here's hoping this will eventually get sorted - maybe when enough people have upgraded to IE8 and have the same problems then a solution might be more eagerly pursued.

RaisedOnFish - still not able to use MediaCatcher.... have to use Replay Video Capture but that's not the ideal situation is it?
    Are you able to capture videos by using an alternate browser as well?