Thread: option to record and not record

Default option to record and not record

is there a way to choose when you want to record and when you don't want to record, from the toolbar? All my streaming videos record and at times it slows down the system. Would be great to know how to NOT record when I choose not to. Thanks!

I'm afraid not at this time. We are always working on improving our programs so perhaps in a future update.

Default Video Clips

I have the same problem especially when skipping from one film clip to another. Each clip is saved in full even though I might have only watched a few seconds. Very annoying and wastes my bandwidth ration. Also laborious to delete all the unwanted clips.

I found a way to minimise this. On the Ask toolbar click [Settings] Set Video Temporary Storage to 0 [Save].

Now when you jump from one clip to another the old one stops being saved and you only ever have one entry in the [Save Video] clip list. You could have a desktop link to a very short clip and activate this when you effectively want to turn the video off.

It would seem a simple enough update to have a Video On/Off option in the Settings window. (Hint hint )