Thread: No sound on video playback

Default No sound on video playback

Have a VISTA machine. Video Capture records video beautifally but no sound. I have all boxes checked to record sound and my speakers work fine. The 1s time I recorded, sound accompanied playback for 10 seconds then went away and I can't get it back. Would appreciate some assistance.

thanks

For Vista you need to go into the audio/test and make sure that Vista is checked. You also need to run the program with administrative rights.

Quote Originally Posted by kozlevchar View Post
    Have a VISTA machine. Video Capture records video beautifally but no sound. I have all boxes checked to record sound and my speakers work fine. The 1s time I recorded, sound accompanied playback for 10 seconds then went away and I can't get it back. Would appreciate some assistance.

thanks
    I have Vista on my HP notebook. I found on the how-to video that you DON'T check the Vista box. That's for some other recording or play back option. In Settings - Autio/setup test, I have the audio source set at Integrated Microphone and the Audio Inputs at Maste Volume (though don't know if the latter makes any difference. I DON'T check the "Use Vista Audio Recording". When I run the test, it tells me recording OK. It used to - in the previous days - run a gurgling sound. I don't know why this has stopped. I've also found that replaying my recordings on Media Player can be hit and miss. I've taken to replaying them on WinAmp. Maybe this will help.