Thread: URL Finder Remains Blank

Default URL Finder Remains Blank

Hi.

I now am unable to capture audio streams from a music web site that recently improved its "player." Prior to this change to the new player, I was able to record streaming audio from this same site using the A/V 8 URL Finder. I do not know if the changes in the web site player are causing this problem. I am able to record from a couple other URLs I have tried recently.

I have read the FAQ on this subject, and I have implemented the recommendations (e.g., "Start the URL Finder prior to ...the media").

I would appreciate help with this problem. Also, I am confused about the level of expectations about AV8. I think I have read that it can capture any streaming audio that I can hear over my system. But, are there exceptions to this claim?

THANKS
    Last edited by ggb; 04-14-2009 at 08:57 AM.

It can capture what it hears over the Internet but you might need to use audio capture instead of stream capture if they have changed the way they are streaming. What is the main link to this so it can be looked into? Thanks.

Default Main Link

Hi. The main link is HOS.com.

Thanks

For this link you are going to need to use audio capturing and not stream capturing. Open up AV and then go to what you want to capture. At that point go back to AV and select Record-Record Audio from Speakers.

Another option would be to try our terrific Replay Music program.

Default Audio Quality of Replay Music

Because I am having difficulties recording this site with Replay Music, I am wondering how Replay Music compares with RAV with respect to the audio quality. My intention would be to import the recordings into I Tunes.

Before I invest much more time with Replay Music in this context, it would be helpful to know whether it will meet my needs. In my own situation, I do not need the tags and other such features of Replay Music.

Once I decide how I want to approach this, I will refer any future questions to Customer Support because they might not be of general interest. In general, I have been quite pleased with the Applian Products and support.

Replay AV captures from the stream in the native format at the native quality. Replay Music captures in real time. It is using our recording system and is not recording from the native stream. The best thing to do is give it a try and see how the quality is for you.