Thread: SLOW to connect?

Default SLOW to connect?

I am trying to use Replay Media Catcher 3.01 trial to save some video streams. For the most part it works but there is one thing that is really causing me problems. When I open the page with the stream it detects it instantly but it can then take several minutes before it actually starts saving anything. If I open the properties it seems stuck at "Starting to download RTMP stream..."

I am watching the stream as I try this and other competing programs start recording the stream instantly so I don't think it can be an issue with the website. Is there a setting for a "retry" timer or something like that which I can try messing with?

Also on a side note, is there any way to rename or preview a file WHILE you record it? I'm trying to record several streams at once so when several of them fail to start it can be very difficult to figure out which ones are actually working and which ones are not.

There is no way to rename the file while it is downloading.
    Please provide me with the URL of the stream that you are trying to record so that I can troubleshoot the issue for you.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

It seems to be mostly an issue with livejasmin.com (adult link) but it happens other places too. Always with live streams. The issue does not happen with non-live streams or non-streaming data. I also have issues with the file that is output.

Videos will come out with several MILLION frames at ridiculous framerates of 1000 or higher. It will have a few hundred frames of good video than 800,000 dead frames followed by tens of thousands of good frames that are running at a different speed than the original frames. These files will crash any editor I attempt to open them with and the only way I've been able to use them is to use other programs to convert the file. Attempting to convert them with the built-in converter is usually pointless because saving to a normal video file such as mpeg1 causes a null output or only converts the initial good segment of frames, dropping the rest of the file which usually contains the bulk of the good video data. I've been using a program called RichFLV which can open the files and re-save them at which point they always open fine in the editors (presumably because it fixes the bad meta-data that your program is applying to the file when it is saved).

The strange thing is, and this may be of use to you, is that the files are fine until they are finished/closed. If I manually copy one of the files WHILE it is recording it will always work PERFECTLY. The framerates are correct, the seek bar works, everything is completely functional. If I then "stop and save" that same recording, or if I let the stream itself finish, than the file will become corrupted and I have to go through several editors/conversions to be able to access the data