Thread: Media Catcher Converter just stops

Default Media Catcher Converter just stops

I am using the converter which is incorporated in the Media Catcher. Everything worked fine until today. Now the converter starts but fails to end because Windows tells me that Media Converter has a problem and must be closed. I tried different files and I tried converting into wmv and MPEG-4. The same problem all the time.

Does anybody have an idea? It would be great if everything would be working as good as before again!

W are working on an update for this converter. Your patience is appreciated.

Default sound mismatch

I am trying to convert to mpeg, and the sound in the converted file is not in sync with the action. Is that a known issue?

Yes, this is what I get too:
    "Converter Tool for Replay Media Catcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe51 View Post
    I am trying to convert to mpeg, and the sound in the converted file is not in sync with the action. Is that a known issue?
    Media Catcher cannot handle all files. Files from some sites will need to be converted with Replay Converter. You can purchase Replay Converter at a discounted price as a Media Catcher owner.

Well, that smells like fish. Please revise the MediaCatcher advertisement and do please consider offering a "combo" MediaCacher+ReplayConverter bundle package upfront.

Problem: The current MediaCatcher advertisement leads one to believe that an additional convert is unnecessary. That's wrong.
    Last edited by danielwritesback; 04-26-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Thumbs down Fish

The current MediaCatcher advertisement leads one to believe that an additional convert is unnecessary. That's wrong.

Agreed. I bought this with the understanding that this would capture and convert videos. It doesn't say "some videos."

I have looked a purchasing the converter, but do not see a discounted price.

The "more extensive converter" can be had for a discounted price if you use their "upgrade" page. Its here:
    http://www.applian.com/upgrade.php

Replay media catcher may actually convert files that are less than 600megabytes to a rather flawless mp4 video. Other than this, I haven't found a functional conversion in the media catcher product. So, it does apparently need the add-on product.

To: Applian
    RE: A proposal
    Perhaps it would be "more seemly" to offer a catcher + converter bundle package. Had there been such an offer, with a helpful advertisement of why I want it, then if I didn't purchase it, the problem would be my own fault.

See how this proposal is different from the current situation?

Here's an example advertisement for the proposed catcher + converter bundle:
    ". . . converts more formats and longer videos than the basic package."

That is informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe51 View Post
    Things to try include:
    1). Use MP4 (same quality as original) format (works when file size is less than 600MB).
    2). Install "klite442" codec package (causes many softwares to understand .flv files)
    3). Purchase converter from the upgrade page for less than $10.