Thread: Freecorder toolbar: Flatline when trying to record

Default Freecorder toolbar: Flatline when trying to record

I am on Windows XP, and can only save video and convert when using the toolbar. The "Record Audio" button pops out a "Ask and Record Toolbar" window with a mesage that reads: "Waiting for Audio," and a flatline that never changes. My only options there are to stop the recording, which isn't happening anyway.

In the settings, the first audio capture box is selected, but not bolded. I can not access it. It reads "Record using Windows Vista Audio Technology"
    I can only click on and off the next two boxes. I have tried to record by deselecting the bottom two boxed and only get a different error message asking to make sure that AAAAudio.exe is not active in the task manager. I end the procedure and it makes no difference.

My sound devices are all manufacturer's, SoundMax devices.

Can anyone please help by telling me how to fix the problem? Thank you

Unhappy Same Problem

I have exactly the same situation. I wouldn't mind paying for something that worked but am skeptical if the base utility is DOA. Please keep me in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by humpbacks62 View Post
    I am on Windows XP, and can only save video and convert when using the toolbar. The "Record Audio" button pops out a "Ask and Record Toolbar" window with a mesage that reads: "Waiting for Audio," and a flatline that never changes. My only options there are to stop the recording, which isn't happening anyway.
    You need to have "Record using Applian Audio Driver Technology" checked under settings. You also need to click Record Audio BEFORE going to the site that you are trying to record from. The best way to record audio is to close your browser, reopen, click Record Audio, then go to the site and play the audio.

Unhappy First freecorder record button on then select station

Your answer is a reply to my problem I was looking for. I found out that it is not possible to record an audio stream after the stream is already on. Even if the record windows is on, although no soundwaves are shown.
    This is quite annoying, apart from the fact that it is not mentioned in the help/usermanual or FAQ files.
    Why is this working this way? Can't this be fixed?

I was having the same problem and here's how I corrected it. I don't know why this works, but it does for me. There's a music player at the far right of the toolbar. If I start it playing, wait about 30 seconds, and then click Record, my recorder starts working. Thin I stop the music player. From then on, I can record anything that comes over the speakers. Try this and see if it works for you.

have you tried disabling your AV and record again??

Quote Originally Posted by JimRob View Post
    I was having the same problem and here's how I corrected it. I don't know why this works, but it does for me. There's a music player at the far right of the toolbar. If I start it playing, wait about 30 seconds, and then click Record, my recorder starts working. Thin I stop the music player. From then on, I can record anything that comes over the speakers. Try this and see if it works for you.
    ^^^