Thread: How to restart an interrupted scheduled recording

Default How to restart an interrupted scheduled recording

Replay A/V harvests great quantities of internet radio for me every week, but once in a while I will have to reboot or otherwise stop it while it's making a scheduled recording. I have two questions about this:

1. Is there a way to get Replay to restart the recording when it comes back up? (assuming of course it comes back up before the stop time?

2. Even if not, if I restart it manually, is there a way to get it to stop at the scheduled stop time on its own?

Thanks,

Alan Watkins

When a program stops if it is very brief-just a second-then it should start over for you. When you manually start the program it is going to record until you tell it to stop as it interprets that as an over ride of what you had earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    When a program stops if it is very brief-just a second-then it should start over for you. When you manually start the program it is going to record until you tell it to stop as it interprets that as an over ride of what you had earlier.
    In the case of a reboot, the stoppage will not be brief.

So the upshot is the answer to both of my questions is "no".

Therefore, would you please take both of those questions as feature requests? I think the correct behavior for a device that has a schedule and is interrupted is to resume the task and to complete it as best as possible until the originally-scheduled end-time.

The developers read these all the time. Perhaps in a future version.