Thread: AV8.52c converted recordings Silent

Default AV8.52c converted recordings Silent

I've been using Replay AV successfully for years but now have a serious problem with automatically converted recordings on the upgraded AV 8.5.

I recently recorded many BBC7 RealAudio programs using the newly purchased AV8.5 upgraded program with it set to convert them to mp3 64kbs. All the mp3 conversions are SILENT. AV does not keep the original RA recordings and I did not discover this until most of the programs are no longer available so they are LOST.

Recording RA programs WITHOUT automatic conversion works fine (recorded .ra files play normally) and SUBSEQUENT conversion with Converter to mp3 64kbs also works fine.

I downloaded the latest AV8.52c version but still have the same problem. It's installed on an HP dv9000 laptop with Windows XP Professional SP3.

I just tried recording a RA program with auto conversion to wma 64kbs with the same (silent) result as for mp3.

I had hoped for IMPROVEMENT in the upgrade but have instead LOST programs and capability.

Jim

Please see if using Real Alternative will do the trick for you. Some systems with Real Player installed conflict with our converter program. If this doesn't do the trick for you please contact tech support so we can assist you.

I uninstalled Real Player and installed Real Player Alternative and the problem is solved.

Thanks

Jim

Default Re: AV8.52c converted recordings Silent

Sorry to hark back to this thread after such a long interval. I too had been having difficulty with silent files and had also found that susbsequent conversion of my .rm files to .mp3 as a separate operation solved the problem. In accordance with Cheryl's suggestion I got as far as saving the exe file which is designed to install Real Alternative but am reluctant to uninstall Real Player itself before installing Real Alternative since I use it very extensively as my default media player/recording tool. Is it absolutely necessary to ditch Real Player or do you think this is just the usual tactic of software developers attempting to get users to adopt THEIR particular applications as the default? Could I not keep both applications?

When all is said and done Replay Converter will produce perfectly acceptable .mp3 files - though Real Player ("proper") cannot handle them. On the other hand I have found there to be no such problem with .mp3 files recorded by capturing audio output (as opposed to streaming) when the desired format is specified under "Type" as .mp3

Default Re: AV8.52c converted recordings Silent

I have only uninstalled the one and then installed the other as the program didn't allow me to do it any other way.