Thread: Failing to Fully Record a YouTube Video

Default Failing to Fully Record a YouTube Video

Today I purchased the full Replay Capture Suite (so hopefully it is fully up-to-date) and have had an enjoyable time with it.

However I have hit a problem using Media Catcher and would welcome any suggestions to overcome it.

Whenever I try to use Mozilla Firefox or IE6 (or even a web browser I wrote myself) to play the video
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-ALPVoWa2Y
    (John Matthews sings "Carousel" by Jacques Brel)
    and record it with Media Catcher, two strange things happen:
    1. Media catcher initiates two (in one attempt, three) recordings of the same video
    2. Both recordings terminate abruptly after 6.36MB (about one minute) after a beep or beeps have sounded.

Is this due to some DRM security feature, and if so, can it be overcome?

I am using Windows XP Pro and would welcome any suggestions that might resolve this.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by akj View Post
    Today I purchased the full Replay Capture Suite (so hopefully it is fully up-to-date) and have had an enjoyable time with it.

However I have hit a problem using Media Catcher and would welcome any suggestions to overcome it.

Whenever I try to use Mozilla Firefox or IE6 (or even a web browser I wrote myself) to play the video
    1. Media catcher initiates two (in one attempt, three) recordings of the same video
    2. Both recordings terminate abruptly after 6.36MB (about one minute) after a beep or beeps have sounded.

I am using Windows XP Pro and would welcome any suggestions that might resolve this.
    worked for me...

click here to download it Get Video

Quote Originally Posted by akj View Post

Did you play the files back to see if they are complete? If you are getting the green checkmark the entire file should have downloaded. It is possible that you may be getting occasional duplicate downloads with the latest version of Media Catcher. This will happen when the video is being requested from 2 different locations. Just delete one of the recordings.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Thanks for all your help.

Tasha asked:
    Did you play the files back to see if they are complete?
    No, I admit to say I did not, as I never expected the recording to be complete long before the video finished playing.

I'm sorry I made such a stupid mistake, but I am still getting to grips with the wonderful software.

I also now understand why duplicate recordings are initiated.

hi wonderful people of applian, i have a similar problem with akj, however i did check the two caught videos from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFPcMlNml0s (bon jovi-always)
    and they can only be played 75%. how do i rectify this? both are checked green.

thanks

Are you using the demo version? What version of Media Catcher do you have?
    If you are using the demo version of 3.01 please uninstall and install the latest version from our site.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

yes i am using the demo version. i was using the 3.01 version. but i had just downloaded the latest 3.02 as instructed. still the problem persist with version 3.02. any further steps to take?

here is the target name: EA437B4B_YouTube - Bon Jovi-Always(live).flv

Finished downloading content!
    Target URI: http://74.125.12.17/videoplayback?id...y=yt1&ipbits=0
    Content-Type: video/x-flv

thanks