Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: youtube HQ videos not captured by RMC

Default youtube HQ videos not captured by RMC

When I am viewing a high quality (HQ) music video on YouTube, RMC captures only the standard quality flv file. It should be capturing the video that I am viewing which is high quality resolution at full screen. Please correct this problem.

Which version of Media Catcher are you using? is it registered Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I have RMC version 3.02. Regarding the term registered, if you mean if I activated RMC, the answer is YES.

Same issue here.

Here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVCoJTgOU5U

I view in HQ, RMC shows nothing... I switch to low quality and it pops up. I have tested on several others. Same deal. Also registered (activated) version 3.02

And for s^&t and giggles... With RMC, the best I was able to get with a download was 19,476KB for the video in question when it would show up. When I went to snag a copy out of cache the old rudimentary hunt an peck method, size of the video was 31,799 KB so clearly seems like it is appropriately larger and that RMC is not seeing the YouTube HQ videos. I will test the cache method for the LQ video, but my guess is it will come out 19,476 KB. Not sure why, but LQ cache method came up 20,313 KB, so must be some other leader and trailer crap in their maybe. Still curious none the less.
    Last edited by dlaskey; 03-24-2009 at 08:42 PM.

The silence here is deafening. Anyone?

Same problem here.Version 3.02
    I think somebody needs to respond to this and fix it.

Unhappy Same here

I have the same issue: I can't get RMC to capture the HD version of a YouTube video. When the video starts playing, RMC goes to work capturing it. Then I click the YouTube HD icon and the displayed video switches to HD but RMC finishes capturing the low-definition version and never captures the HD version.

I've set my YouTube Playback Setup to "I have a fast connection. Always play higher-quality video when it's available." But still, I get the behavior described above.

I get the same behavior on any YouTube video for which an HQ version is available. Here's one example.

Any response from the Applian Tech Support staff?

There is a trick to getting the HD versions. When you start the video and it appears in the Media Catcher list, you need to pause the video, rewind it to the beginning, delete the low-res file that is in the Media Catcher list, then click HD. If we were to fix this so that it automatically picked up the HD stream, we would end up with the double download problem again, so it is necessary to take these extra steps.

Smile It works!

Thank you, Tasha.

Your "trick", carefully followed step-by-step, indeed resulted in my capturing the HD recording as you described.

I haven't been a RMC user long enough to remember the "double download problem" to which you refer, but it sounds like the result of RMC operating as I simplistically had expected. Personally, I'd have found it easier to delete the duplicate recording obtained that way than to delete it via your "trick."

- Rich