Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you download RTMPE streams with SWF Verification?

Default Can you download RTMPE streams with SWF Verification?

I've been trying to download movies from MTV.com for a while now. Then I came across Replay Media Catcher and it works wonderfully. When I actually go to the page with the RTMPE stream, it catches the file but can't download it. It gets a little red exclamation mark next to it. Is there a way around this or another program that will capture it? I tried Jaksta which says it can capture from MTV.com, but I had no luck. Please and thank you!

You need to use Replay Video Capture on this site.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    You need to use Replay Video Capture on this site.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Wait a second. I want to pull a video off MTV.com and I used to be able to use Replay Media Catcher. It is not allowing me to do this anymore because now when I try it I get this error message.

Now you are saying I have to go out and purchase a DIFFERENT piece of software called Replay Video Capture? I already bought Replay Media Catcher and that worked. Now are you saying I need to buy something different?

What's going to happen when MTV or another website doesn't allow you to DL with Replay Video Cature... are you then going to say we need to buy Replay Internet Capture or some other name?

I sure hope this isn't the case because that would be pretty ridiculous.

Replay Video Capture is a screen recorder. It will record ANY site where stream capture isn't an option.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Ave1024 View Post
    Wait a second. I want to pull a video off MTV.com and I used to be able to use Replay Media Catcher. It is not allowing me to do this anymore because now when I try it I get this error message.

Now you are saying I have to go out and purchase a DIFFERENT piece of software called Replay Video Capture? I already bought Replay Media Catcher and that worked. Now are you saying I need to buy something different?

What's going to happen when MTV or another website doesn't allow you to DL with Replay Video Cature... are you then going to say we need to buy Replay Internet Capture or some other name?

I sure hope this isn't the case because that would be pretty ridiculous.
    It's pretty sad. I kind of wanted the original FLV, but MTV has to be a butt about it.

I'm having the same problem with Hulu. Replay Media Catcher was working perfectly on Hulu up until a week or so ago. Now if I get the RMC window to even acknowledge the stream, this is the error message I get:
    "Internal error while trying to download RTMP stream
    Exception:
    m_nErrType = 11
    m_strDesc = "code: NetConnection.Connect.Rejected
    description: [ AccessManager.Reject ] : Must use RTMPE or RTMPTE on this connection"
    m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
    m_nLineNumber = 969"

I tried downloading the trial version of Replay Video Catcher, but it only picks up half the video picture and won't recognize my sound, so I'm not impressed with that. Is there a fix to get RMC to work properly again?

Quote Originally Posted by jormor1991 View Post
    It's pretty sad. I kind of wanted the original FLV, but MTV has to be a butt about it.
    Hopefully the programmers at Applian are able to crack these codes like they did for rttp and rtmp...if not, the sole reason I purchased RMC is gone...

I also bought RVC thinking it would be as good at getting the flv capture...it is as of now, a subpar product...

Quote Originally Posted by stan2009 View Post
    Hopefully the programmers at Applian are able to crack these codes like they did for rttp and rtmp...if not, the sole reason I purchased RMC is gone...

I also bought RVC thinking it would be as good at getting the flv capture...it is as of now, a subpar product...
    LOL and which product is working for you?

As tech changes, there are hurdles to overcome. what product is addressing this need that rmc doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by dlaskey View Post
    LOL and which product is working for you?

As tech changes, there are hurdles to overcome. what product is addressing this need that rmc doesn't
    So far, I haven't found any program that can record flv off of the the new streaming protocols...

I think Applian is basically up the creek as far as dealing with secured Adobe streams. The Hearts of Space website is in the same boat for an audio stream. Adobe and Applian had a legal exchange and basically Applian lost. So unless an offshore solution is developed that is impervious to legal action, I think a growing amount of content that needs to be secured is simply no longer going to be able to be captured on an accelerated basis.

The video application Applian is recommending is honestly too cumbersome to bother with.