Thread: Replay Tuner won't run, launches Windows Media Player instead

Default Replay Tuner won't run, launches Windows Media Player instead

(Attn. Cheryl Wester, lol!)

I've had to reinstall Replay AV recently, v7, got a virus & what not. Anyway, my problem is that Replay Tuner will not run when I right click 'Tune to Station.' Replay AV will record the stream fine, but when I 'Tune to Station,' the player launches, then Windows Media Player launches and it tunes in the stream, but the Replay Tuner window sits with a 'Navigation was cancelled' Internet Explorer-type error message complete with a 'What to try: Refresh Page' link that starts up Windows Media Player again.

I'm Running Windows XP, SP3, with Windows Media Player 11, firewall in Norton Internet Security 2009 is set to allow both Replay AV and Tuner. I have Replay AV set to 'Tune with Replay Tuner.' I'm pretty sure Replay Tuner uses some components of W.M.P. so do I need a plug-in or something so that Tuner can borrow the components and run on its own or is there something else I should be doing? Does it have something to do with the order I've installed Replay & WMP?

Thanks!

There are some files that this is the only way they are going to tune. It has to do with the way they stream. If you can send us the URL of what you are capturing I would be glad to test it for you. Do double check in your AV under File-Settings-Tools to make sure that you do not have tune by opening browser selected.

Hi Cheryl,

The link is: http://www.z1035.com/z1035.asx
    It worked fine before I did a reinstall of my operating system and it works fine on my laptop. Do you know if there is a certain .NET Framework I need or Java or anything like that?

I just tried the program and it worked fine. It both tuned to the station (it did open up windows media player for this) and stream captured. See if you can delete the show from your AV and reboot. Then add the show again. You will have our tuner come up with nothing as this stream does need to launch from your windows media player.

Hi Cheryl,

This doesn't make any sense to me. Until I had to reinstall my OS and my other software, the tuner would open fine without the assistance of Windows Media Player. It's still working fine on my laptop too. Do you know if the Tuner needs to 'borrow' certain components of WMP to run? Does it need some sort of browser plug-in or add-on to run?

OK, as far as I can tell, Replay Tuner is just a mini web browser that opens whatever link the URL is specified as. I tried this by simpy entering www.yahoo.com and much to my un-surprise, Yahoo! opened. I'm thinking there's an add-on for Internet Explorer (IE) that will allow it to play media files directly from IE using WMP components. Any idea what that is?