Thread: flv radio broadcasts

Default flv radio broadcasts

I programmed Replay AV to capture and save to mp3 format audio streaming from a half a dozen local radio stations.

In the case of the following two radio stations, the URLs I used to capture audio streaming no longer function and URL finder is not capable of identifying new ones. (I lost the previous URLs when I reinstalled Replay AV)

http://www.rockdetente.com/gatineau/...dio-en-direct/

http://www.radioenergie.com/on_air/p...57ej5e7j61fu05

Moreover, when the previous URLs were functional I captured and saved audio streaming but was unable to convert the saved flv files to mp3 format. These were the only two radio stations that produced audio streaming in flv format.

Why I can no longer capture audio streaming from these stations and more particularly what I can do to identify their streaming URL’s?

Is there any way to do batch or automated conversion of flv audio files to mp3?

Hi

With Replay Converter you are able to do batch converting. I often don't convert until the end of the day and then just load them all into the Converter and let it do its thing. You have not said what version of the converter you are using. If you are not using 3.3 you might want to download it and give it a try as it has a lot of improvements and changes that we made due to the way streaming is changing. Thanks.

Williamjohn,

I tried the first stream for RockDetente and used a program called
    URL Snooper to find the following stream address:

http://66.244.221.250/cite-aac

I changed the text "aac" to "mp3" and was able to get the stream to work with
    Replay AV:

http://66.244.221.250/cite-mp3

You should be able to find the other url using Url Snooper.

Default Great stuff... COOL

joest73,

It works great. I don't know why, but that is not presently an issue. Thanks for help, it is really appreciated.

Recently, several of the Corus radio stations (900chml.com, 630ched.com, etc) switched their streaming format to flv. This change has made it a pain to listen to recordings. It's not that the stations won't record. They will, but when I play back the recordings, I can't seek out specific points because the slider in the FLV Player won't work. This might be because the times (position and length) are nonsensical values. I can only jump forward and backward a few seconds at a time, which is a pain for one-or-two-hour programs.

I tried to convert the files to mp3 in RAV after recording, but all I get is a playlist (m3u) file out of it. I also tried using RC to convert the file to mp3 and it takes forever. The program isn't stalling, however. It's creating a monstrously large mp3 file (over 25MB for a few seconds of audio when I actually let it finish the conversion). The new file does work, but after the audio, it's mostly silence. Obviously, I can't record too many shows like this, or I'll fill up my hard drive rather quickly.

BTW, this occurs with RAV 8.43/8.52c, and RC 3.36

It seems that RAV can't get accurate length info for these file types. Is this a known issue? I would think that if it could calculate the correct program length, it could save these files with fewer problems.