Thread: Replay Media Catcher has stopped working completely

Default Replay Media Catcher has stopped working completely

Hi

I seem to be taking one step forwards and two steps back with Media Catcher lately. I was having some issues with its reliability on some sites - such as YouTube's videos downloading twice, BBC iPlayer not working etc. I then got excited by a couple of recent posts which suggested these issues had been fixed especially by installing new version 3.02. I have done this and now my Media Catcher will not record anything at all (YouTube, iPlayer, DailyMotion, etc).

I installed version 3.02 but didn't remove 3.01 first (which was mentioned as being important in the post called "The facts about the RTMP plug-in... " - but I only read this after). However, I believe I have taken sufficient steps to correct that mistake:

I uninstalled ver 3.02 & 3.01, then rebooted and made sure the two dll's (which the uninstall can't remove) had gone. I then installed 3.02 freshly again. Still nothing would record.

I then uninstalled 3.02 again, rebooting etc and making sure no trace of it was left. I then installed my older version 3.01 again. However, now this doesn't work either!!

I have tried pretty much everything I can... installing, uninstalling, cleaning registry, deleting the Replay Media Catcher folder in Program Files etc. I am starting recording before opening my browser and navigating to the video site etc.

Has anyone any ideas? No matter what I do Media Catcher just refuses to start recording anything, no matter what site I visit.

Hope that someone can help or suggest what might have happened for this to have occured.

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedOnFish View Post
    Hi

I seem to be taking one step forwards and two steps back with Media Catcher lately. I was having some issues with its reliability on some sites - such as YouTube's videos downloading twice, BBC iPlayer not working etc. I then got excited by a couple of recent posts which suggested these issues had been fixed especially by installing new version 3.02. I have done this and now my Media Catcher will not record anything at all (YouTube, iPlayer, DailyMotion, etc).

I installed version 3.02 but didn't remove 3.01 first (which was mentioned as being important in the post called "The facts about the RTMP plug-in... " - but I only read this after). However, I believe I have taken sufficient steps to correct that mistake:

I uninstalled ver 3.02 & 3.01, then rebooted and made sure the two dll's (which the uninstall can't remove) had gone. I then installed 3.02 freshly again. Still nothing would record.

I then uninstalled 3.02 again, rebooting etc and making sure no trace of it was left. I then installed my older version 3.01 again. However, now this doesn't work either!!

I have tried pretty much everything I can... installing, uninstalling, cleaning registry, deleting the Replay Media Catcher folder in Program Files etc. I am starting recording before opening my browser and navigating to the video site etc.

Has anyone any ideas? No matter what I do Media Catcher just refuses to start recording anything, no matter what site I visit.

Hope that someone can help or suggest what might have happened for this to have occured.

Thanks
    Hi Fish
    Try the following: try purging temp files in your offline website data/cache.
    as well, you may wanna try cleaning content your hard drive like: Disk Clean up that can be found to remove files (data) that you don't need e.g: like
    temp file data.

Hope that helps.

Hi Matthew

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to my query. I have done all the things you suggested but still cannot get Media Catcher to start recording.

I have used disk cleanup, I used CCleaner to delete all web cached files and temporary files, Windows logs files etc. I have installed and uninstalled Media Catcher several times now (both the latest 3.02 and the previous version). I have double-checked that the Replay Media Catcher folder has been deleted and all the above actions performed before re-installing Media Catcher. To the best of my knowledge I have been sufficiently thorough when uninstalling Media Catcher before re-installing it.

Currently I have installed my original Media Catcher 3.01 but no matter what I do, it refuses to start recording. I am using YouTube as my 'test web page' as I figure it's one that should definitely work (although I have previously tried many other sites as mentioned in my first post here). I am also ensuring that I start Media Catcher recording before I fire up my browser but all to no avail. I am extremely puzzled by this. It makes no sense to me.

The only things I have done recently is install Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, Media Player 11, CCleaner. Could it be that there's a problem with Internet Explorer 8 and Media Catcher?? (Previously I was using Internet Explorer 6 by the way). Is it possible that my Media Catcher is, for some reason, looking for Internet Explorer 6, even though I have updated to Internet Explorer 8? - that's about all I can think of. Has anyone else upgraded to IE8 without any problems?

I am at a loss as to what else I can try to solve this issue.