Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stops at 3.31 meg

Default Stops at 3.31 meg

I just got (a registered copy of) Media Catcher. I can't record a whole song. on IMEEM, it stops consistantly at 3.31 megs. Another FM site was tried, recorded longer, but still not the whole song. Does this program work for songs for anyone? This was the program suggested in the web site, hope I didn't waste my $$$.

Thanks for any help

Are you aware of the setting changes you need to make when capturing from Imeem? Also Media Catcher captures faster than real time on this site so play the files back to be sure they are incomplete. As for the "other site" if you can provide a URL I can test this for you. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I did see the setting change for video, and no, that didn't help. Any of the music I tried from imeem did the same thing. example http://www.imeem.com/megafanatic187/...n_the_streets/

It does seem to work to record public radio .rm files.

Forgot to add - I do realize it downloads faster - it is telling me it is losing connection even tho I can not tell that when listening. I am on a DSL connection if that helps

Hi Joel,

Are you staying on Imeem while you are capturing? I tested the link you submitted and I was able to capture it.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Yes, I stay on and can listen to a whole song, however the recording stops (on any song there) at the same place as if it is disconnecting me once it hits so many megs. I do have the web stream dumper checked and the capture http media streams unchecked as in the instructions on your site. Did check other combinations in the tools menu also

Hi Joel,

Not sure why this wouldn't work for you. Occasionally when you use the web stream dumper you will get incomplete files but it shouldn't be every song that you try to capture. Try reinstalling and let me know if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

I am sitting here listening to the whole song even tho it is telling me transfer is closed. I will remove the program and reinstall.

I reinstalled this morning, did find a couple songs (maybe one in 10) it would finish recording off of IMEEM. It is recording fine untill the last instant of the stream then aborts. Watching the status of the download, it seems I have it all, then it finishes and shows the disconnect icon and won't let me play back what is recorded (even tho it probably captured the entire song).

why would you pay a software to do what you can also do with another web application for free? you paid RMC only for capturing IMEEM? lol

if you cant get RMC work with IMEEM,try http://file2hd.com
    its great site,no need to download and install anything

RMC is a great capture program,but its not perfect,sometimes you cant get it work,try other things