Thread: 2.0 Suggestions

Default 2.0 Suggestions

So now we're redirected to the applian page. Not the best solution, but if that's what you gotta do....

I have a request though, having 'video.mp4' and 'get_video.flv' as the file name, or all the file names really reduces the usefulness of the program. In-fact, the first version's having the file name be the video title was what made me choose it in the first place.

Please! have the plugin pass a relevant file name to your page and make that the name in the header! I beg you

(and if you wanted to make it even more useful, give us an option to pre-pend the publishers user-name as well)

Back me up people? Does anyone else like these suggestions? If you do, reply to the thread so the developers know what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by silgarth View Post
    Back me up people? Does anyone else like these suggestions? If you do, reply to the thread so the developers know what to do!
    Those are good, and although you took the new redirection to a new tab to save the file in stride, I highly dislike it.

If it could go back the the good ol' click and save, that'd be fantastic.

Also, what happened to the ability to download .swf files? That is greatly missed. D:

I am hating the new way to download videos, I'd rather have the extension download the video by itself than have it send me to a page to download it.

And the auto-naming feature was awesome.

At least make it a option so we can freely choose the way we prefer it.

Default redirection

I'm pretty sure the redirection isn't something they wanted to do. I'm pretty sure they didn't want to work on the software at all.

Redirection likely is an artifact of the way they have to access the files. That's why I'm not complaining about it.

What I'd REALLY like is for the files to be default named '{user}__{title}' with corrections for windows file name restrictions. I'm guessing it would be pretty easy to do since they know You Tube so well and they've written their own code.

The comments here are very informative.