Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hulu titles slowly becomoing unrecordable, just me?

Question Hulu titles slowly becomoing unrecordable, just me?

Is it just me, or is Hulu slowly making recording undoable. Most new movies can't be recorded.
    No Comedy Central recording of any type today. CC worked OK last night.
    Life today only VP6, no more AVC H.264, i.e., no more Hi-Def Life.

I know the reason why RMC may not work. Just wanting to verify if this behavior is seen by others.

Default you are not mistaken

you are not mistaken.
    Try crackle.com that is if you haven't already. Its like Hulu

Quote Originally Posted by micromedia View Post
    you are not mistaken.
    Try crackle.com that is if you haven't already. Its like Hulu
    How is that site anything like Hulu expect for the fact they play videos?

Any idea if or when this will get fixed for CC on Hulu?

No. It is not just you. That's why I was checking here. Things were normal 2/4/09. 2/5/09 I could not record the 480p streams. It is now having trouble recording anything.

For me, it is acting like a site would before we got a patch. It sees the stream and tries to record but fails. They are obviously changing things.

It sure did not take long. I understand the reason why, so ... I guess it's over.

Did your plugin_zrtmp.dll get updated? The new one won't allow recording secure flash streams.

Can't believe that EVERY site updated Adobe's crap at virtually the same time...what gives? I went on vacation and when I returned NOTHING (except 360p Hulu) will capture.

Applian - you said that you weren't going to touch EXISTING installations. Why did this stop working EVERYWHERE at the SAME TIME? Logically, this situation implies that something was done to our installed software in order for it to fail everywhere at once.

You may not want to reply but we've paid for this software (I bought the entire suite) and it isn't working as advertised. How about some answers (besides the FAQ)?

(Why don't you just open-source it if you're not going to try to circumvent Adobe and let someone else do it?)

Applian didn't change anything. Adobe did.

Applian didn't change plugin_zrtmp.dll for anyone who had it installed already.

But Adobe knew that no more rtmpe updates would be coming, so they made a simple change that stops the plugin_zrtmp.dll version that was working.

Note that the Applian is now sending a different version plugin_zrtmp.dll for new installations, but the previous version plugin_zrtmp.dll doesn't work either - so it really doesn't matter.

Also, Applian didn't change the version number of plugin_zrtmp.dll, even though they are sending a different file for new installations. It is still 5.2.6.9. They probably kept the same version number so that the rtmpe version would not be overwritten.

The way to tell the old and new versions apart is that the old plugin_zrtmp.dll (that supported rtmpe) is around 94k, the new version is around 74k. But again, both don't work on most rtmpe like hulu 480p.

It is sad the Applian was threatened to remove rtmpe support, as they are the only ones who had it. I'm sure Applian received legal advice and decided in their best interest, even considering that this will likely ruin sales of RMC.

The only hope now for rtmpe is if someone out of the legal reach of Adobe comes up with something.

RMC was really great while it lasted.
    Last edited by sadsac; 02-07-2009 at 01:06 AM.

Hi everybody,

I'm writing here first of all hoping that this comment will not be deleted and second maybe this will help also the replay people which are obviously good software engineers.

I am part of a team that is running a protected pay per view content site, with Flash Media Server. We have also good software engineers.
    Of course we know about replay.
    That is why we also bought replay media catcher.

So currently our content can't be captured due to a protocol between the custom player and swf file.

So every time replay comes up with a new solution we just change in a few minutes the handshake custom protocol that can be anything, anytime due the playback and replay just can't give the right answer. I think it's so much work like cracking a linux root password that will change again in a few minutes.

Our system just updates the replay plugin and if it can capture files from our server it changes the swf with a new one.

People... I think it's needless to say how much damage you do with this capturing.... and how many people from small artists to small producers to small distributors that fight for a start-up or a life have to suffer today.
    People who fight to get to big producers that collect small money in to big amounts to finance huge mechanisms to pay again the small people.

So just think a minute if this is worth all the effort...

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherBuyer View Post
    Hi everybody,

I'm writing here first of all hoping that this comment will not be deleted...
    I see no reason to have this comment removed...

Kind Regards.

Hi everybody, Our system just updates the replay plugin and if it can capture files from our server it changes the swf with a new one.
    Yes, we forum members have discussed this before (scroll up) and agree as you say it is not difficult to change the replay plugin and it is not difficult to research how. Would take each of us minutes as described to undo each other's actions.
    People... I think it's needless to say how much damage you do with this capturing.... and how many people from small artists to small producers to small distributors that fight for a start-up or a life have to suffer today.
    I would like to hear more of this. Please share the true costs from a true performer. We can probably help mend a fractured business model or quadruple your income in half the time that you've already been working at what you're doing.

We can't however refund the ginormous costs associated with setting up a dysfunctional delivery infrastructure nor can we retrieve good money thrown at bad decisions.

From the Monty Python troupe giving away unrestricted content to Jonathan Coulton becoming a Rock Star on the Internet for Cheap both ends of the entertainment spectrum, superstar to startup, are successful today without restricting content and inconveniencing or litigating against their audience.