Thread: Which Applian product best records from iPod to PC?

Default Which Applian product best records from iPod to PC?

I could not find that specific question addressed anywhere on your site.

Thanks.

Hi Sapius,

Are you looking to plug in friends ipods to your computer, and record their songs? Or are you looking for a product that can convert your own ipod songs/tracks into a different format, or something else?

If you're trying to convert ipod tracks, know that A m4p file is a protected m4a file. Replay Converter can not convert protected files. You will need to find a way to first convert it to a m4a file and then Replay Converter can convert it to mp3.

If your need is something else, please clarify for me as well.

Thank you.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hi Jeff,

Strangely enough, I’m looking to record songs from my own iPod to my own computer, songs that I have recorded from my own other computer, which is in another country. I could use a memory stick, but since all is already on my iPod, why not from there…

The problem is, I cannot simply drag and drop it using iTunes, but I can from the music file folder on the iPod itself, but then I want to record only specific songs, and the song files on the iPod has random alphabetical file names assigned, so I don’t know which song it is unless I play it. Of course, it is a long exercise to go through all the songs, so I was looking for a program in which all my songs on the iPod open up in, other than iTunes that is, and from there I could simply drag and drop certain songs on the computer.

So I don’t really need to change the file format actually. Just looking for an easier way to do that. Do you provide an easier way out?

Thanks