Thread: RAV 8.43 vs. 8.5 - Differences?

Default RAV 8.43 vs. 8.5 - Differences?

Hi Cheryl.

This will hopefully be an easy question for you:

I have purchased all flavors of Replay A/V since its initial release and I am presently using RAV 8.43. Naturally I have seen that RAV 8.5 and over is out and that it would be a paid upgrade for me. (I won't go into my confusion over a minor point version change being an "upgrade"; almost all of Applian's upgrade paths confuse me!)

Anyway, the only significant difference I can see is that Replay Converter 3.x is now included with RAV 8.5x. However I already have a license for Replay Converter 3, so that part doesn’t affect me at all. What other changes are there that will make me pull out my wallet and start counting out bills?

Thank you.

Jim

The main differences are in the Converter. We offer more conversion options, the ability to extract a portionn of a file to convert, the ability to make ringtones for your Iphone, and the ability to burn a DVD or a CD directly from Replay Converter.

If you already have the upgraded converter you don't need to purchase the Replay AV 8. Both are in the same upgrade fee for existing owners of AV. If you have an issue with your activation code when downloading the latest version contact tech support for some assistance. Thanks.

Thanks Cheryl. Much appreciated!

Jim

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    If you already have the upgraded converter you don't need to purchase the Replay AV 8. Both are in the same upgrade fee for existing owners of AV. If you have an issue with your activation code when downloading the latest version contact tech support for some assistance. Thanks.
    Please clarify and confirm what I am reading. I am currently a licensed user of Replay AV 8.43. I paid for the Replay Converter upgrade to 3.x. Am I elegible for the Replay AV 8.52 license without extra cost?

If you own both Replay Av and Replay Converter and have paid for the upgrade fee for Replay Converter 3.20 you are elgible to download Replay AV without an additional fee.