Thread: Still works? "No longer at large?"

Default Still works? "No longer at large?"

I have the applian suite and just bought a slingbox and tivo. I didn't know about the At Large Recorder until tonight. I thought perfect....that's what want. Then i read further that sling started encrypting their streams and that it no longer works? that was in 2006. I can't find where to download it now on the applian site. SO....it no longer works with th slingbox and is no longer available?

Quote Originally Posted by backupmaven View Post
    I have the applian suite and just bought a slingbox and tivo. I didn't know about the At Large Recorder until tonight. I thought perfect....that's what want. Then i read further that sling started encrypting their streams and that it no longer works? that was in 2006. I can't find where to download it now on the applian site. SO....it no longer works with th slingbox and is no longer available?
    The current version of the At-Large Recorder does work with all of the encrypted versions of the SlingBox stream. Be sure to download At-Large Recorder 2.0:

http://www.applian.com/at-large-recorder/

I do not know whether the current Applian suite includes a license for the At-Large Recorder - the current description of the suite does not list the At-Large product as being included. The current suite does include a couple of new tools that I would need to pay for, so it may be fair.

Floyd
    Last edited by floydj; 04-08-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Default Thanks

Thanks Floyd, I didn't even see At Large Recorder 2 on the site when I posted that. Later last night I did see it and bought it. And yeah...doesn't seem it is part of the suite. I am happy with it. Already started using it. I just wish slingbox had more of a buffer because sometimes my sprint wireless connection at work is choppy at that is what the program copied today....choppy video. But it is fine at home where I have broadband cable.