Thread: New Crunchyroll vids are not able to download?

Default New Crunchyroll vids are not able to download?

Hi all. I'm trying to download a video from cruchyroll, but I can't seem to do it anymore. It looks like they changed their streaming for some reason. This is the error I get while trying to download it.
    Sorry, could only download a partial RTMP stream
    Media was saved anyway:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\My Recordings\video_520F479D.flv
    Exception:
    m_nErrType = 6
    m_strDesc = "recv() amf chunk failed"
    m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
    m_nLineNumber = 840
    Only a part of it downloaded. Here is the link to the video. http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-509...Episode-1.htmlCan you download it? Try.
    And this is the PM i got that told me the stream was changed.
    Hi guys,

Thanks for being an Anime Member! Your support means a lot to all the anime creators we work with. They're really impressed with cr, and as long as they stay happy, we can continue to bring more shows to cr! =D

We started simulcasting shows earlier this week, so you should have early access to shows like Naruto Shippuden 91 and Gintama 139 in HD. While most people seem to be able to play the video just fine, I'd like to let you guys know about the improvements we're making in case you have had problems with the streams:

1. We've transitioned to a new, more secure, streaming service, so some of you might be experiencing slow loading or inability to seek - this is an issue with our service provider that we're trying to fix. It's also dependent on your own internet connection as well as geographic location. This switch was necessary to help protect our publishers' content.

2. If your stream is choppy or laggy, it may be because of a slow connection or slow cpu. Try a lower quality if your computer is older. If you haven't already, you should upgrade your flash player to version 10, which seems to play back videos more efficiently (we already require at least version 9.0.115 in order to play back videos properly).

3. We're adding more error notifications in the video player, so if you get any errors you'll know exactly what went wrong. Unfortunately, in the past if something went wrong (like if your internet connection wasn't fast enough to stream the video) it would just hang with a blank screen without telling you what went wrong. That should be fixed shortly.

4. Geolocation restrictions - while we do try to get worldwide access when possible, copyright and licensing is complicated! Details about region restrictions are on the lineup page. We're working on displaying more notices on the video page for this. We are also going back to our partners to try to get distribution rights in more countries.

5. Video quality - we're working hard with our partners to provide the best quality for all of our shows! Unfortunately sometimes the source quality isn't that great, although we are working together to improve the transcoding process. In the meantime, we're experimenting with different encoding settings and filters to provide you the best possible quality. Please be patient! It will take some time to iron out the kinks with the source video quality.

6. Subtitle translation quality - while we try to check every episode that goes out, it's a lot of work and our manpower is unfortunately limited. We also have limited control over the subtitles we receive and sometimes don't have the freedom to change them. However, we continue to work with the subtitlers to improve and change them based on your feedback~!

7. We're also working on creating a better feedback form for you guys to report issues. For now, you can use the bug report page, or email us at [email protected].

Thanks again!

~shinji

P.S. Due to the volume of PMs that people send me, I am unable to respond to PMs individually. You'll get a much better response time if you use one of the two venues provided in item #7 above. Thanks!

This is odd. I tried it while watching it, and I tried closing the site right away after RMC got the link, and both times it only got a partial file (1.5Mb).

What really gets me is that I got a different error then you....

Code:
    Media was saved anyway:
    C:\Users\*edited out*\Documents\My Recordings\video.mp4_155CF538.flv
    Exception:
    m_nErrType = 6
    m_strDesc = "Connection was closed by remote host"
    m_nLineNumber = 840
    as you can see, the error was that the connection was closed by remote host....did they find a way to detect this app and block it?

Quote Originally Posted by MoparMan View Post
    This is odd. I tried it while watching it, and I tried closing the site right away after RMC got the link, and both times it only got a partial file (1.5Mb).

What really gets me is that I got a different error then you....

Code:
    Media was saved anyway:
    C:\Users\*edited out*\Documents\My Recordings\video.mp4_155CF538.flv
    Exception:
    m_nErrType = 6
    m_strDesc = "Connection was closed by remote host"
    m_nLineNumber = 840
    as you can see, the error was that the connection was closed by remote host....did they find a way to detect this app and block it?
    I remember getting that error once. So what is the deal with this? The only reason why I was trying out this program was so I can download off CR. I'm wondering how they blocked it.

And btw, thanks for replying. At least someone replied unlike SOME people....

dont be to harsh, applian headquarters is in a completely diff. time zone I beleave. Give them time, and they will respond.

Connection closed by remote host is not a good error to see. The site has added some extra security and we may or may not be able to fix it. This is something I will need to have the developer look into. I'm going to need you to be patient on this because he has a lot on his plate right now. In the mean time you might check out Replay Video Capture.
    We do try to respond to as many posts as possible but if you are specifically waiting to hear from an Applian Team Member I would suggest opening a ticket with the proper department. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    Connection closed by remote host is not a good error to see. The site has added some extra security and we may or may not be able to fix it. This is something I will need to have the developer look into. I'm going to need you to be patient on this because he has a lot on his plate right now. In the mean time you might check out Replay Video Capture.
    We do try to respond to as many posts as possible but if you are specifically waiting to hear from an Applian Team Member I would suggest opening a ticket with the proper department. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.
    I hope it gets fixed soon. I tried the Replay Video Capture and it doesn't work well for me. I want to get the raw video from the stream.

Thanks for your reply Tasha.