Thread: Downloading podcasts with Replay AV

Default Downloading podcasts with Replay AV

How do I know if and when I am capturing a video, especially when it is a podcast that I have saved with an ompl extension. I would also like information on how to convert that same file to a mpg or wave so that I can burn a DVD of it. Thanking anyone in advance for the knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliiiam View Post
    How do I know if and when I am capturing a video, especially when it is a podcast that I have saved with an ompl extension. I would also like information on how to convert that same file to a mpg or wave so that I can burn a DVD of it. Thanking anyone in advance for the knowledge.
    Hi Aliiiam

That depends, what program are you using to capture video? We do offer more than one video capturing program so please be specific in future posts.

We'll get to your 2nd question after we clear up the first one.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Capturing

John, First let me thank you. I am trying to use the replay a/v 8. Along with that information let me say this I have downloaded all of the video from Oprah's "A New Earth" and have them as an ompl file extension but haven't been able to bring them into the converter to see if I can make them another file that the capture devise will accept. I have tried using the media guide, but even that will not allow me to go to the Itunes podcast and transfer them. I think I am really dumb, but not willing to give that impression. So again any and all help will be greatly apppreciated. Thanks!!

John, First let me thank you. I am trying to use the replay a/v 8. Along with that information let me say this I have downloaded all of the video from Oprah's "A New Earth" and have them as an ompl file extension but haven't been able to bring them into the converter to see if I can make them another file that the capture devise will accept. I have tried using the media guide, but even that will not allow me to go to the Itunes podcast and transfer them. I think I am really dumb, but not willing to give that impression. So again any and all help will be greatly apppreciated. Thanks!!
    You need to find the podcast subscription feed URL and then add it to Replay AV 8 as a podcast then you will get the shows downloaded for you automatically for you by Replay AV 8. The extension you mentioned there is not supported by Replay AV podcatcher that is built in Replay AV 8. The .opml extension.

Default Thanks

I would like to extend a loud Thank you to Petro who help me to better understand how to capture and use this software. Petro is a wonderful person with a lot of knowledge about computers and how to use this particular program. I found the knowledge extremely helpful and beneficial.

Smile

I would like to extend a loud Thank you to Petro who help me to better understand how to capture and use this software. Petro is a wonderful person with a lot of knowledge about computers and how to use this particular program. I found the knowledge extremely helpful and beneficial.
    Anytime for you and the others in these forums. Thank you.