Thread: Using the RMC Scheduler

Default Using the RMC Scheduler

I want to be able to use RMC to automatically record a CBC (Canadian Broadcast Corporation) newscast.
    The newscast is streamed via a player that requires clicking on the icon for the newscast.
    For example, clicking on today's, Dec. 7, 2022, newscast icon opens https://cbc.ca/player/play/2074756675798.
    What are the Scheduler settings needed to do this everyday at 6:00PM my local time.

Default Re: Using the RMC Scheduler

If you use audio capture then you would need to select the play button. You would not be able to schedule. If you can find a good URL then you would use stream capture. With that you can schedule. Please take a look at the User Guide for details on how to set up a schedule.

The newscast is video not audio.
    So I'm assuming that the Capture Method options are: Auto Detect Download; and, Direct Download by URL.
    For Auto Detect Download the Download Method option would be Web Browser.
    And for Direct Download by URL, the Download Method options are: Normal URL or Playlist URL.
    The newscast website URL, https://cbc.ca, does not in itself stream the newscast. It lists several program streaming options, and I have to click the newscast icon to start that stream.
    What I am hoping for is that RMC Scheduler can, on a set schedule, wake the computer, open my browser, open the cbc.ca website, start playing and recording the newscast, quit at the end of the scheduled time.

But it is not clear to me which of the Capture Method / Download Method options I need to choose.
    Nor even how to enter the URL for the newscast since that requires manually selecting the newscast from a menu of streaming options.

For this site you would need to use the DVR method as other methods do not work with it. Do check out the User guide for how it works. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    For this site you would need to use the DVR method as other methods do not work with it. Do check out the User guide for how it works. Thanks.
    Rats.

I have been using RMC for a long time and really like how easy it is to use and how well it works.

I'm not sure how complicated it would be to enable Schedule to be programmable to take the additional steps of connecting to that live stream, but that is definitely the feature I am now shopping for. Thanks.

David