Thread: vk.com not downloading

Default vk.com not downloading

Perviously vk.com has downloaded videos properly. I now get an error "url not is not supported..." I am using the paste url non-auto mode. Auto mode has same problem.

I can view in real time a video with no problem and am signed in properly with my vk.com password. This problem has occured in the past, on and off, but lately has been in this condition for several weeks. The same errors have occured in RMC in my RMC8 and RMC7 (which are still on my machine.) The same problem occurs on another Windows 11 laptop. My main PC is Windows 10.

The error does not occur in Youtube videos, only as far as I can determine it is vk.com that has the issue. Here is the Progress Log on one of the videos.
    ----------------------
    Stream Downloading
    Start: 6/26/2022 9:44 PM
    Source: https://vk.com/video422198122_456260324
    Destination: Eye of the Needle (El ojo de la aguja) 1981-- — Video
    Stream Downloading Starting: Size: 0 bytes/0 bytes (0%), Time: 00:00:00/Live,
    Stream Downloading Queued: Size: 0 bytes/0 bytes (0%), Time: 00:00:00/Live,
    Extraction Engine Downloader
    Starting stream extraction process from https://vk.com/video422198122_456260324
    Requesting subtitles if available
    Prefering video/audio over playlist if available in url
    Using credentials for vk.com
    Extracting Failed: Size: 0 bytes/0 bytes (0%), Time: 00:00:00/Live,
    Url is not supported. Please try the AUTO or the Digital Video Recorder capture methods.
    End: 6/26/2022 9:44 PM
    ---------------------------------

Default Re: vk.com not downloading

Did you try DVR like it suggested. We offer different methods as each stream is different as to how it works. Give that a try

No I did not try the DVR. Something basic has changed because it has worked for hundreds of downloads from VK in the past. My authorizations look good, passwords works fine. Strangely the problem has occured at times in the past, but cleared up after a few days to weeks. There was a time when RMC worked in an older version but not in the latest. I recall using RMC8 when RMC9 was failing in this mode. Recently I was getting a "not authorized" error message, but under 'The video Extraction Engine Login' Setting, VK has the proper username and password for my account.

Has anyone else has this problem to your knowledge? Is VK blocking downloads for some political purpose but not viewing videos? My Defender Firewall has no problem that I can see.

If you have access to VK via a username and password, here is a video site that fails as an example and can be tested by copy and past.
    https://vk.com/video422198122_456260324

I don't have access to test. It appears that they have changed how they are streaming. That is why we offer different methods of capturing. Thanks. If you want me to test I would need you to submit a ticket with login info, etc. Thanks.