Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replay AV 8 Network Adapter Problems (Screens Included)

Default Replay AV 8 Network Adapter Problems (Screens Included)

im having a problem with Replay AV 8 recognizing a Network Adapter on my HP dv9700 notebook pc using Windows Vista 64-bit. I connect to the internet through a wireless lan network setup in my house and i can also connect using a wired ethernet cable, but RAV8 still doesnt recognize my connection. Here are some screens i took to show what errors im getting.
    Network Adapter error:

Blank box doesnt show my network adapter:

This is the version of RAV8 im using:

i have read the forums and tried connecting using an ethernet cord instead (because one of the users on here said if you use one RAV will recognize your internet activity), but it STILL doesnt recognize it. can someone tell me how i can fix this problem? thanks.

HI

Since you are using Vista see what happens when yo turn your User Account Control off. You do this by going to Control Panel-User accounts. If that doesn't make a difference please contact tech support.

ya i forgot to mention that in my post but at the time i took the screens i DID have UAC turned off. i still have it turned off and it still wont recognize my network adapter. guess i will be contacting tech support -_-

What firewall program are you using?

i dont think im using any firewall program. i have AVG Anti-virus and Spy Sweeper installed and the only firewall i have is windows firewall. Oh and see if you can figure this one out....i have Windows XP installed on a virtual machine i created on my laptop, and i decided to try installing it on there, and it WORKS! so it works on my windows xp virtual machine, and not on my actual vista computer? thats weird.

Works in XP but not in Vista... Sounds like Vista is protecting you...

Default Solution?

Did you find a solution to the problem? I am running into the same situation.

Default just the same problem

No Network adapter to monitor and no way to add one.
    PS Computer runs with a Vista 64x

Did you turn off the User Account Control? If not, do that and see if your network appears. If it doesn't please contact tech support.

Question

I'm having the exact same problem. My network is working just fine. I'm able to surf the web and access the share network. The problem is exactly the same is tallguy85's.

It's not only Replay AV. I try using other problems to test out downloading flv too. They also don't show the network adapter.

I'm using Vista 32 bit Service Pack 1.

I don't know if the problem is Vista Service Pack 1. But I think it can be the problem. The program worked for me before installing SP1, though Vista was already installed. Then agian, I did update the firmware for the network router at the same time. So I don't know which is exactly the problem.

How should I resolve this problem?
    Last edited by starable; 01-06-2009 at 10:14 PM.