Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First beat of song cut off

Default Re: First beat of song cut off

As mentioned above I have the silence.mp3 and even made my own but it still happening. When others say the beginning is not cut off it' possible that that they don't perceive it because it's just a few milliseconds.

This time counts when you're beat matching.

Another option is to adjust the volume so it picks up softer sounds. Thanks.

Hi Maytrix,
    I am a musician and work in the tech field, I understand what you are saying but I am saying I don't experience it.
    Possibly something to do with your settings?

Possibly. I've tweaked every available setting in RM many times without consistent success. And sometimes it works right and sometimes not - even on the same song. So maybe its just something with my sound card / computer configuration. Thanks.

Hi Maytrix,
    Sorry, my last reply sounded a bit patronising, I hope you didn't think I thought you weren't having a problem and I wasn't. I would love to be able to help. I am trying to figure out why it's happening to you and not to others. I think if it was happening to lots, then Applian would be overwhelmed with posts saying that the beginning of songs are being cut off.
    Cheryl. would a log to tech help, or is it something to do with his soundcard like he suggests or a setting? He says he tried them all.
    Maybe it is something he's noticed that they rest of us haven't detected yet?
    Would love to solve Maytrix's problem.
    Can someone in tec analyse his logs?
    Cheers
    Steve

The logs won't help with this issue. I believe it has to do with his sound on his computer or the type of music. If music is soft then you do need to adjust the settings.

Steve,

No worries. I didn't take it that way at all. By the way I posted a few links higher up to other similar posts. I'm not the only one experiencing it. It could be so slight that people miss it. An example song is Sun and Moon by Above and Beyond. I can clearly hear the slight miss in the start when compared to the spotify version it came from.

I'm finding that the first beat or first half of a beat is often cut off on Spotify
    Same problem here.
    Last edited by Hoschi; 09-18-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Use a playlist. Also, do adjust the silence level in the settings. If possible put a silence.mp3 between each song. All of these items help.