Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tagging options

Default tagging options

Hello,

I'm in trial mode deciding to purchase or not. I have tried several different settings all the same result.
    All of the music records with artist name then song. None of the other categories fill in. I am going for
    the track that records to be just labeled by just song title. In the settings it says "when files are tagged apply naming rule"
    Are the tracks not being tagged properly ?
    I guess i'm wondering can this be changed or is this just the way it is? I know you can edit which works fine, its just a lot
    of extra work to do every song. I have another program that works at about 95% but is a little glitchy. I only have 8 songs
    left to try to figure this out. Other than this issue it works great.
    Any help is appreciated.

thank you

Default Re: tagging options

What are you recording from? What is the genre of the music?

All that I've tried have been from Spotify.
    Different genres, blues, maybe alternative country, alternative folk, southern rock.
    somewhere in there.

Try changing the ID3v2 Version setting to 2. I have been recording from Spotify, and found by changing this, the tagging works a little better. Just do one that didn't tag correctly with it set at 3 and see if there is a difference.

I did try that. same results. The other one I use also uses IDv2 3.
    I'm not sure how these are tagged. Do they all use the same program or are they proprietary ? They seem to be very similar.
    Before I tried this , I tried several others and they tagged zero of all the ones
    I tried. Is the music too obscure ? Like I said before the one I currently
    use doesn't have too many problems with tagging but has other issues.
    I really like the way this works much better except for the tagging issue.

Please give a couple of examples of songs that are not tagging for you so we can test it on this end. Also, if the songs are new they do take some time to get in the database.

Dry The River--Weights and Measures
    Sturgill Simpson--life of sin
    Lucero-- sweet little thing

I edited life of sin. changed name and added artist. Then ran "look up tag" and it then tagged in properly.
    I also did this with another one, which worked. I did it on some other that didn't work. I somehow deleted them
    and I don't remember which ones and can't check them. So the question becomes if it will tag them on edit
    why won't it tag them the first time ?
    Last edited by godewey; 06-10-2015 at 08:33 PM.

We have the edit feature for this. I don't know why it misses them sometimes but if it does then do try the edit.

I finished the rest of my trial. None of them tagged "properly" After I edited all but 2 then tagged.
    Of all I recorded only 2 completely tagged. Of the rest , a little over half tagged after the edit.
    The good news is it is much easier to edit tags on Replay compared to the one I use.
    Bad news its a lot of extra work. My other recorder is Jaksta. I just found out that Applian and Jaksta joined up
    a few years back. I've had Jaksta for about 2 or 3 years now. It works great except for a few weird things.
    The tagging however is awesome compared to all the ones I've tried over the last few months including Replay.
    I still find it strange that it won't tag right away. Is this common on all music or just music that isn't top 40 ?
    Also wondering if you tried any of the songs that didn't tag for me? I said the tagging looked similar, how much of the Jaksta
    tagging is used for Replay ?
    I do appreciate the responses , nice to know
    somebody is actually watching the forums.

The same developer made both Replay Music and Jaksta. I don't know what Jaksta uses for tagging as I don't do that tech support but I believe it is the same.