Thread: RMC 6 Downloading

Default RMC 6 Downloading

Is the following expected behaviour with RMC 6?

In the box at the top of the home screen I paste a URL for a video to download e.g., a youtube video.
    I have things set up to be prompted to pick the quality of the video.
    I select the quality by double clicking it and the download starts. The dialog box where I selected the quality now goes into what looks like a non-responsive state. I cannot close it, the busty wheel turns and if I try to close it by hitting the X in the top right corner Windows comes up with a message saying that RMC is not responding and asks to close the Program.

If I don't try closing the Multiple Streams Detected dialog box the Program sits in this non responsive state until the download completes which can be quite some time. There is no indication anywhere as to how much of the file has downloaded. On the home screen I see the line at the top indicating the name of the file and the fact that it is downloading but no % complete or anything.

If I try to close the Multiple Streams Dialog with the upper corner X and subsequently close the Program then the next time I start RMC it still indicates the file is downloading - which it isn't.

Mike

Default Re: RMC 6 Downloading

Hey Mike

I hate to be that cliche IT guy - but have you tried restarting your PC since the install, and since this problem started?

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Jeff,

I've restarted many times. I also uninstalled RMC 6 and reinstalled it.

I just reran a test and first time it worked OK but subsequent attempts exhibit behaviour described below. In fact as I type I just tried downloading a program from the BBC iplayer. The Multiple Streams Detected dialog box had (Not Responding) in the title but the transfer was happening in the background, downloading at a healthy 20Mbs according to resource monitor.

The download completed and the file is visible in Windows Explorer (I can watch it with FLV player). However the Multiple Streams Detected dialog box is still sitting there in a not responding mode.

jrmcp.exe which handled the transfer is still running but not showing any network activity. RMC 6 even gave me the audible chime indicating the download was complete. If I try to do anything in RMC 6 it also indicates not responding.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. at this time you do need to contact tech support. Please provide them with complete details.